eight

Kimiko's POV

"Do you actually love me?" I asked, staring into his heterochromatic eyes.

The question clearly took him a back a little bit, breaking his usual deadpanned face.

"I-" He started, but cut himself off looking away.

I couldn't believe it. Did he not actually love me? Did he just force himself to love me because of the whole soulmate thing? Tears were welling up in my eyes, I'm such an idiot.

Bakugou was right. And my heart ached. It ached so damn much.

I looked up at him and let my tears fall, his face becoming a crimson red.

"W-Why did you lie to me? Why wouldn't you just tell me? You don't need to f-force yourself. Y-You probably like someone else. Who is it? Yaoyorozu? I'm s-sorry, It's because I-I'm not pretty enough is it? Was it something I-" I stuttered out, going on and on. Until I was stopped by large arms picking me up in bridal style.

"W-What are you doing?" "Shush." "Y-You idiot.." I let my tears fall into his chest.

He put me down in front of the cherry blossom tree where we had our first kiss.

I stood up and he began wiping my tears away with his thumb.

"Do you remember what I said to you that night?" He asked, lowering himself down to eye level.

I jogged my memory back. "Y-You said you liked me." I looked away at the ground. I was so damn embarrassed.

"Then, I take it back." He said. What? Did he have to put it so harshly?

"Do you know why?" He said, walking towards me as I stepped back each time he got closer. I hit the fence with my back and he trapped me by putting his hand by my head.

Millions of reasons ran through my head. I could make a list of them. Maybe I was too ugly, too fat, too stupid, and so much more.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I was about to choke on my sobs. Is he not the least bit guilty? I let my tears fall.

"It's because," He kissed one of my tears away, my eyes widened. "The reason is that," He kissed a few more away and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I love you." He said, softly resting his lips on mine. I was shocked but began kissing back. He loved me?

Eventually we pulled away, out of breath.

"I love you too." I mumbled, hugging him and hiding my red face in his chest. I felt the soft rumble of his chest as he let out a small chuckle.

"So don't listen to anything those idiots say. I love you for you. Nothing anyone says can change that. Okay?" He said patting the top of my head, his entire body red from head to toe.

I looked up at him and smiled. I can't believe I would let someone make me doubt his love.

"Why would you even think that? Is someone jealous?" He smirked at me.

"I was not!" I furrowed my brows and let go of his waist, pouting.

"Was too." He said, picking me up and twirling me around as I squealed.

"Now, what did Bakugou say to you?" He asked and frowned.

"Is someone jealous?" I mocked him, putting emphasis on the word jealous.

"You better not." He threatened.

"You're totally jealous!" I smiled ear to ear in excitement.

"I'm not! Tell me what he said!" He said, chasing me as I ran away.

We were in love. In real love.

And I was the luckiest girl in the world.

—————————

IMPORTANT A/N

i will be ending this story off in the next chapter. thank you all for all the support and love i've received. i hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as i enjoyed writing it!

the epilogue will be coming soon. thank you for sticking around, if you did!

and don't be sad! i have a couple more books that i'm currently writing and if you want more of todoroki, i just started a oneshot/reader insert book where you can request him!

i love you all so so much, thank you for inspiring me to continue writing!

signing off,

starmp3