nine (epilogue)

Kimiko's POV

It's been 5 years.

5 Years since that last moment at the park.

5 Years full of fun, laughter, fights, but most importantly,

Love.

These years with Shoto have been an absolute rollercoaster. After we graduated from U.A High, we became pro hero's. We worked together, not exactly effortlessly, but with passion. We were the best of comrades and there wasn't anything that we couldn't take on.

Last year, Shoto proposed to me on the top of the roof. The same spot where we had our soulmate test.

Flashback

"Don't open your eyes." He commanded, a black blindfold covering my eyes. "You act like I could if I wanted to." I sarcastically replied.

I heard a soft chuckle come from my boyfriend and a smile graced my lips.

He led me up what felt like stairs as I tripped about 8 times.

"We're here." He said, holding both of my hands.

"Really? Cause I couldn't tell."

"Oh shut up." He laughed and I laughed as well. I felt his fingers reach behind my head and I opened my eyes, smiling at my boyfriend.

"What are we doing here, Shoto?"

"Only time will tell."

He put the blindfold into his pocket and grabbed one of my hands, leading me to the center of the roof.

I gasped at the sight. It was beautiful.

The sun was set in colour of pinks and purple. Midoriya was sitting there with a camera and Uraraka was covering her mouth with her hand.

"Kimiko Hayami." I focused my eyes back on Shoto and his face was full of red. He grabbed both of my hands as he spoke.

"You turned my life upside down. In a good way. You are the light of my life, you constantly support me even when I can't support myself. You pick me up when I can't. We've been through so much together, and there's nothing else in the world than I want more then to experience my life with you by my side. So.." He reached into his pocket and I gasped. I covered my mouth and I felt tears well up in my eyes. He's not about to..

He pulled a black box out of his pocket and knelt down on one knee.

"Will you make me the happiest man in the world, and marry me?" He looked into my eyes desperately and I let the tears fall.

"Y-Yes!" I choked out. "Yes, Yes of course!" Shoto stood back up again and held me in a tight hug, kissing me passionately. I heard cheering and clapping and the sound of fireworks.. No.. Explosions?

I opened my eyes and tore away from our kiss. Shoto's hand rested on my head, pushing away any stray hairs and tucking them behind my ears.

I looked up to see Bakugou and a girl with glasses standing next to him, holding his arm and smiling. So he found someone, huh?
They were on top of the fence on the roof. We made eye contact and he smiled.

"Congrats." He said, letting out a giant explosion.

I smiled at him and averted my gaze back to the man I love. A knowing smirk was plastered on his face.

"I asked him for your hand in marriage and he accepted. He offered to make it a 'big boom.' Whatever that means.." He chuckled.

I smiled and kissed him again, not a care in the world.