Chapter 9

Emilio's POV:

I tiptoe out of the kitchen trying not to wake anybody up. As I look up I see Luna sitting down on the couch with a blanket and a pillow layed ready to be slept on. I give her a smile once she notices me and she smiled back, her pain was all hidden behind that smile.

"You're sleeping here too?" I ask as I approach the couch I was gonna sleep on.

"Yea, I figured out Kait might want to sleep alone tonight," She replies. I nod in response, she picks up her phone and scrolls through it.

About 30 minutes later, I look over to see her asleep in a seated position with the phone beside her. I walk up to her and put her phone away on the coffee table. I slowly try to move her and put her in a comfortable position supporting her neck with my left hand. I lay her down then cover her with the blanket. I plant a kiss on her forehead before I walk over to the other couch.

I feel my eyes getting heavier by the second. Soon, the room became pitch black and I drifted off to sleep.

**

Luna's POV:

My breathing becomes harder as I try to find a way out of the flipped over car. I look over to the only person that was in the car with me; Dad.

"Dad, dad please wake up" I barely shake him as the car has kind of shrinked. "I'm going to go get us help, please stay with me," I say crying. I manage to find a way to squeeze my little body out of the car. I run to the traffic away from this haunted-like street. I start screaming for help in the middle of the road so people could see me. My arms had severe scratches and so did my legs. The side of my forehead was bleeding. People started running up to me.

"Oh my god someone call 911!"

"Wheres your mom and dad?" Someone asked.

"My dad is in the car, it flipped over when we were going back home driving and now he's stuck please help him!" I cry.

All the emergency cars rush towards the area but as soon as we got there..the car exploded. Right in front of me.

"DAD! NO HE'S IN THERE NO DAD!" I Start screaming and tried to run towards it when a female doctor held me back and picked me up.

"NO LET ME GO LET ME GO MY DAD IS IN THE CAR HE MUST BE SCARED!"

"Leave me alone, let me help him.. DAD!" I scream as I feel someone shaking me.

It's that nightmare I always got after Dad's death. I jolt up and start crying while pulling my hair insanely. I look over to see Emilio wrap his arms around me to comfort me.

"Shh, shh it's alright I'm here, it was just a nightmare" He said.

"I couldn't save my dad.." I start to blame myself just like my 9 year old self did. All the memories must've came back from what happened yesterday.

"Here, drink some water" He passes me a glass of water and I gulp it all down in one go. I look at the clock above the television and it's only 5:20AM.

"Sorry for waking you up.." I say nervously.

"No it's fine, I would've did the same thing whether I was awake or in a deep sleep. God forbid, if I got stabbed I'd still be here to comfort you." He says stroking my hair calming me down. A smile crept onto my face, I can't help but smile at his words.

"Go back to sleep, it's still too early." He says.

"No," i refuse, "It would come back."

"But you look really tired, you need to sleep."

"I'm scared."

He doesnt say anything and brings me closer to his chest, playing with my hair. He puts the cover over both of us and sleep immediately consumes me as I feel protected.

**

8 am

I wake up and sit myself up rubbing my eyes. I stretch then look around me to get used to the atmosphere. I realise I'm in my room, but Kait wasn't beside me. Who brought me here? I'll just wash my face and do my morning routine then go see what's happening. I head to the bathroom and wash my face and brush my hair then put it in a ponytail. I stay in my clothes since it's the weekend and all.

As I walk down the stairs I see everything shattered and the place was trashed. Did someone break in? Because it looks like it.

"Dylan?" I call out his name but no answer. "Emilio?" Still no response."John, Mom where are you guys?" I call out as I head to the kitchen but they're not there.

I unlock the front door and see Emilio standing outside, smoking.

"Emilio?" I say turning his attention towards me. "What happened inside-" He cuts me off by saying, "Kaitlyn's dad came."

What?

He puts his cigarette out as I walk over to him. "What do you mean?"

"He came looking for Kait, I hid you and Dylan hid Kait before he came in and trashed the place. He was drunk." He answered.

"Did he do anything to you?!"

"No, I'm alright. The important thing is that we got both of you upstairs just in time so he won't hurt you."

Fuck that bastard. What's his problem?! Kait didn't do anything to him, he's just a crazy drunk man-whore. Fucking hell is where he shall rot.

"Where's everyone now?" I ask.

"Your mom didn't come back, John went to work, Dylan went to get food and Kait is upstairs in Dylan's room." He answered. "Come on, let's go inside." I nodded then we both stepped inside the house.

____

Hai.