Chapter 2 : Too Ironic

"Just tell me, Lu."

She stares at me before answering simply. "Michealis."

---

My eyes widen a bit. "I knew the name was fermilier!" I say she looks at me confused.

"What are you on about?" She asks. I have her over.

"Come look! Come look!" I say in a hyper voice making her sigh before walking over to me and glance over my shoulder.

"What?" She asks.

"Look right here!" I say putting my finger under the words as I read. "The young Phantomhive, Ciel, was not found. We was missing after the fire for two years, no one knows where he went to this day, and in January 1886, Ciel returned to the Phantomhive manor as with a mysterious butler clad in black. In March 1886, Ciel officially became "Earl Phantomhive"." I read.

"So?" She asks. I flip a few pages forward.

"You know the butler guy in black?" I ask.

"You mean the one you just told me about? No, never heard of him." She says sarcastically. I roll my eyes.

"Sush, look here. On this page. It says, the head butler of the Phantomhive manor that mysteriously appeared, no one knew anything about him. He was very well-kept and swift with his work, and his name was Sebastian Michealis." I say. I look back at Lucy to see her staring blankly before sitting down on the stool next to me.

"Let me read that." She says. I quickly hand her the book and let her look over it. She reads through it and seems a little interested before shaking the emotion from her face. "That is a bit odd." She says.

"A bit odd? You said that's your mother's maiden name." I say.

"Well, her human maiden name. Given to her because her mum wasn't like her father. And her father must have been on earth."

"But your grandmum didn't use her last name for her, did she?" I ask. She looks at me a bit.

"There's no way, it's too ironic." She says. I smile at her.

"Your mother father was my great great great great grand father's butler-"

"-Meaning that he was your great great great great grand father's demon." She finishes. We both look at each other a bit.

"That's so freaky!" I say. She sighs.

"Yes, it is." She says before standing and walking back to prepare some dinner. "But like I told our teacher, the past is in the past."  She says.

"Did your mum ever talk about her father?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"Of course not, Sky. You don't understand how things in my world work." She says shaking her head.

"Well, tell me." I demand. She looks at me before looking away sighing.

"When demons mate, they usually part ways. There's never a "big happy family", it's just the mum raising the young until they are old enough to fend for themselves. Most demons don't even see their mums after that." She explains as she cooks. Soon she turns and leans her back on the counter. "So the reason she never talked about him is because she never met him, just like how I never met mine."

"That's just sad." I say. She shrugs before starting to cook again.

"No, it's just how it is. We aren't humans. We aren't supposed to fall in love and start a family. We go back to hell, continue the population, and then leave to hunt, that's it." She says bluntly. I shake my head.

"I can't imagine it like that. It sounds like dog breeding." I say. She glares at me.

"Of all the animals in the world." She sighs. I giggle a bit.

"Sorry, but that's the first thing that comes to mind." I say as she turns to work on the food again. "Speaking of dogs, where's Raja?" I ask. Lucy sighs slightly.

"Probably outside." She says. I stand and walk to the glass door and open it peaking outside. I grab my sister from the hook beside me and blow on it.

Soon I hear a howl and a fast figure runs towards me before slowing to a stop in front of me.

"Come on boy." I say. Raja walks inside the house and watches me as I close the glass door, shivering a bit. "Damn, it's cold out." I say.

"Well, it is Winter." Lucy says. She glances at the Black wolf that was staring at her. Raja growls at her and she glares at it. "Stupid mutt." She says before continuing to cook.

"He's not stupid." I say. She sighs.

"I still don't understand why you need that thing." She says. I pout.

"Well, before you came along, he was with me... through everything... that's why Raja must stay." I say bending down to pet him, which he happily accepted. "Anyway, what's wrong with wolfs?"

"They remind me of dogs." Lucy says.

"Well, that's no goo-"

All the sudden we hear something downstairs. I look at Lucy and she looks at me. Raja starts to growl a bit looking downward before running down the hall.

"Uh, Lucy... y-you don't think?"

"Skyler, go upstairs." She says bluntly. I blink a few times. "Now."

I snap into action and start walking through the house and up stairs. On my way I see Raja at a door I never go down. Growling, biting, and scratching... at the cellar's door. As I made it to my room I sighed running a hand through my hair.

'I feel sorry for whoever is down in that God forsaken place.'

---

Pic at top is Lucy's hair.

Hope ya like.