part 14 ~ what even, Matt!

I felt my heart drop. Almost literally. My legs got numb, and couldn't manage to keep me steady any longer, so I took a grip on the bar desk. My chest hurt for too much pumping, my heart racing as ever before. I rubbed my free sweaty hand on my knees, trying to pump blood back to my brain. Time had stopped as I kept staring at him with the rest of my energy. I needed help.

   《Hey》a raspy deep voice echoed.

        My vision got blurry as I turned around looking for some familiar faces. Where was Quinn when I needed her?!

    《Are you okay?》the tall man asked with a worried expression.

    《I-- Yeah》I lied.

    《If that's the effect I have on you we're screwed》his lips slowly curved up into the most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

        I knew that smile by memory, I had witnessed it for so long I couldn't even remember. But, in that moment, he was standing right in front of me. He was smiling at me. I tried to fight all the feelings filling me up and smiled slightly.

    《Do you wanna go outside?》he suggested, looking around as well.

    《Why-- What are you doing here?》I managed to speak.

    《I'm here to meet you, what an insignificant question》he chuckled softly. What an adorable dork.

    《Me?》

    《Yeah, you. Why so surprised? I mean, it wasn't planned and all but.. you knew for a fact that I wanted to meet you》

    《I-- Wait-- Are you-- No, it can't possibly be. Are you messing with me? Quinn brought you here, didn't she》

    《She did in fact. Why would I mess with you?》he asked almost offended.

    《I mean--》

    《Okay, hold on. I think I know what the problem is》the tall guy showed a glimpse of smirk as he slid his phone from his jeans' back pocket.

~
imessage
To: Matt🐄

Matt🐄
Hi Ollie
You look pretty confused right now
I'm very sorry
I really hope it's because you didn't expect it to be me
And not because you don't like me anymore

~

    《It's okay if you don't like me anymore》he spoke again with a frown.

        I slowly moved my eyes from my phone to his face. Matthew Daddario?? The Matt guy I was texting was, in fact, Matthew freaking Daddario?? Was it a dream?? Probably. It probably was all just a dream.

    《Let's go outside》he softly said again as he gently held my hand in his and carried me outside.

        As we exited the nightclub, Matt lead me towards a wooden bench on the sidewalk in front of the building. He gestured me to sit down, so I did, without saying a word. He frowned and sighed a little, glancing down at me.

    《I probably should've asked you before getting on a plane like that》

    《No, it was really sweet of you, actually》

    《Oh maw gosh. Words? Coming out from your mouth? I must be the luckiest man on earth tonight!》he joked with a grin and a dorky face.

    《Shut up》I giggled,《I just-- I wasn't ready to know how you looked like because I honestly was afraid I would be disappointed. I know it sounds shallow but--》

    《Are you disappointed now that you know who I am?》

    《Are you kidding me? Not even》I chuckled, he gazed into my eyes sweetly with pinkish cheeks.

    《I-- Okay, how do I say this--》Matt shyly stuttered. He nervously rubbed his hands together and took a deep breath.

        Was Matthew Daddario nervous to talk to me? That had to be the weirdest night of all.

    《I like you, Olive. I really do. And I wanted to say it to your face because, honestly, I need more than just texts with you》

   《Okay, wait a second. So, Matt Daddario flew all his way to me as a surprise, and is now telling me that he likes me? I must be the luckiest girl in the whole universe. Really. What did I do to deserve this? Okay, I'm getting nervous I should really stop talking"

        Matt brusted into laughter, the most melodic sound ever heard by a living creature. If aliens would ever land on earth, they would probably record that beautiful sound and set it as their ringtone. [A/N: this is so cheesy lol sorry]

        The loud sound of the nightclub's door shutting caught our attention. The rest of the cast of Shadowhunters was now waving at me with smiley faces. What on earth--??

    《OLLY GIRL!》Harry yelled opening his arms for me to hug him.

    《You sneaky monster》I smiled as he hugged me the tighter he could.

    《Thank you for making our Matt happy》he whispered into my ear, causing my cheeks to turn as red as a mature tomato. Keep your shit together, Olive.

        I hugged all of them, and spotted Dominic coming towards us as well. I covered my face in embarrassment.

    《Hey Olive, I'm the fake Dom. Also the real Dom》he joked with about wide grin, everyone laughed. I blushed even harder.

    《Okay, that's enough now》Matt sweetly saved my heart from having a break down.

~

    《Matt》I whispered as we got into Quinn's car with her and Dom, the others got on Ely's.

    《Yeah》he smiled widely down at me.

    《How long will you be staying?》

    《The girl is already tired of you》Dom joked as he got on the passenger seat. Matt rolled his eyes before gazing down at me.

    《I don't know yet. As long as it takes》

    《To do what?》

    《To get you