part 19 ~ best of me (part 1)

Bright sparkly sun-rays entered my guestroom's window, I moaned in disapproval. I felt a strong grip around me as the softest of feelings, two strong arms pulled me to a fine formed chest. I could feel Matt's cologne deep into my soul, so I smiled with my eyes still closed.

        After the date, we both fell asleep in the guestroom's cozy king bed. The hanging wall lights were now off, leaving the spot only lightened by the Sun.

    《Good morning, cutie》a raspy voice whispered.

    《Morning, Frankenstein》I teased, as I rolled over and faced him.

    《I'll pretend I didn't hear that》he chuckled, I pushed my lips on his instantly.

        Our lips moved in sync, as I pulled him by his messy morning hair. We both smiled against each other's lips and pulled away.

    《That's a hell of a good morning kiss》he laughed with pinkish cheeks.

    《You can sleep a little more, I will shower and then make breakfast. What would you prefer?》I climbed off the bed and walked towards the door.

    《Whatever you want, cute thing》he grinned, as he rolled over and pushed his face against his pillow.

        I ran towards him, jumped on the bed, and blew a kiss on the back of his head. He laughed soundlessly against the pillow, I grinned widely and jumped back on the floor, walking towards the bathroom.

        I took a quick fresh shower and brushed my hair. I did my natural make-up and got dressed. I wore a white t-shirt with a sleeveless black loose gilet-jacket, and dark jeans. My phone buzzed a couple of minutes later, when I bumped into Matt in the corridor. He pecked me on my lips, before stepping into the shower box. I answered the call, my Grandma.

    《Olive! Will you come at our barbecue lunch today? Aunt Carol said she has informed you, has she?》

    《Yeah, she mentioned it a couple of days ago. I ─ Can I bring someone?》I bit my bottom lip.

    《You can bring whoever you want! I bought pounds of beef, it will be good! I'll see you later!》

    《Wait! I haven't─》I started, she hung up.《─even asked him yet

        I prepared strolled eggs, milk, biscuits, and toasts. I grabbed the orange juice bottle from the fridge and placed it on the table, waiting for Matt to join me.

        He entered the room right away. With his hair still wet, he was wearing a grey tight t-shirt and black jeans. He genuinely smiled, I gazed in awe. What was he so pretty for? Stunning. Gorgeous.

    《Who was it at the phone?》he asked, taking a bite of his Nutella toast.《Harry? Em?》

    《My Grandma, actually》I answered, he raised his eyebrows.《She's having a BBQ lunch today. She wanted me to join her and I might've told her I wanted to bring someone》

        Matt studied me and furrowed his eyebrows. He took a sip of his orange juice glass and glanced back at me.《That'd be nice》he smiled.

    《What ─ Really?》

    《Yeah, why not》he grinned.《I suppose your Grandma doesn't watch Shadowhunters, so I would be just Matt. Not a famous tv celebrity》

    《You're always just Matt to me》I assured him with a sweet smile.

    《That's one of the reasons I like you this much, you lost puppy》he teased, pretending to steal my nose like we all do with babies. I snorted.

~

        I pulled into my grandparents' frontyard and killed the engine. I took a deep breath and felt Matt's hand on mine. We got off my car and walked towards the backyard entrance and unlocked the gate.

    《It's gonna be good》Matt whispered.

    《My family is a little.. invading. But today it's just my Grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and two little kids》

    《Kids love me. Is there any animal?》he asked seriously, I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

    《A couple of parrots, a doggo, and a little golden-retrevier puppy》I told Matt, whose heart eyes started sparkling. Ugh. So cute.

        Everyone's eyes snapped on us. Mostly on Matt. I could feel my cheeks burning, and I imagined he was blushing as well. I introduced him to aunt Carol, uncle Hank, the little Freddy and Greyson, respectively one and five years old. My Grandma nodded in agreement, as Matt greeted all of them very politely.

        I stepped inside the house, leaving Matt by the backyard with uncle Hank and the kids. I helped my grandma and aunt Carol moving the food all way to the patio. After she mouthed《He's cute》I blushed and walked back outside.

        Matthew was lying on the bright green grass, rolling over with the golden-retrevier puppy and both the kids on him. They were laughing and having fun, and my chest almost hurt for too much cuteness.

    《Cute thing!》Matt yelled happily.

    《Dorky! Whatcha doin?》I laughed.

    《Look at this cutie!》he held the puppy for me to see.

    《Such a cutie. Also the puppy》I teased with a grin, he chuckled with pinkish cheeks.

    《Matty, can I please talk to you for a second?》

~
Part 1 of 2, of the
final chapter for
this story. I don't
know about making
a sequel or something.
Matt is the sweetest
human being on earth.