Chapter 2

Amelia couldn't believe her luck.

Almost four weeks after being brought to the castle and left locked away; one of the guards had slipped leaving her door unlocked after bringing the supper that the Queen had ordered for her.

Amelia felt stealthy and excited as she cruised the corridors in search of her nemesis.

She had concluded that Quillon was never going to come to her.

Her way to rectify this was to sneak out of her room after everyone was in bed and search until she found him.

She felt like a ninja.

Well except for the pink and black polka dot sleep shorts and the ratty old t-shirt she was wearing.

She was peeking into rooms and searching for any trace of the no-account jerk himself when she heard his voice, and for a moment she lost her nerve

Rushing towards the sound of his voice she found him in a room that looked like a library but was obviously his office.

Stepping around the door, she came face to face with Quillon.

Dressed in a luxurious white dress shirt and slacks, he exuded sex appeal.

On his feet were his black dress socks yet he wore no shoes.

He had the sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows.

The tattoos on his right arm were contrasting with this princely image.

He was holding a piece of paper in his right hand, and a gold pen was between his teeth.

He seemed to be concentrating hard on the information found on the paper because he had deepened frown lines on his face.

For a man who has dealt with guns and death, he seemed more worn down by that piece of paper than all the stress involved in being a biker.

Feeling self-conscious for the first time she stood on one foot while her other foot rubbed the back of her leg.

Fingers linked while her arms crossed behind her back she probably appeared like a little girl in trouble rather than a grown woman pissed.

Finally noticing he was not alone, Quillon looked up.