Colthes Shopping

I started working at "American Candy" (I don't remember if the shop had an actual name, if it does someone please tell me!) three days after the I interview, which was three weeks ago. It's been great, although there has been a few monsters that have shown up. I had to take care of them in the back room. Not easy, nor fun. Bailey usually comes to visit, and much to his father's dismay, buys several bags of candy each time he comes. His favorite is the snickers, which is a good brown so we don't fight over the color. Elise has been surprisingly nice, and after the first week stopped giving me the cold shoulder. She's amazing, and goes to the same school as Bailey but is a Junior while Baileys a Senior like I would be. Andrew has been trying to convince me to go, although with my previous school record he eventually gave up in trying.

I checked my watch, which I got with some camp money a few weeks ago, and realized that my shift was going to end soon. After my ship was over, I was going to go to the mall with Bailey to buy some clothes. I didn't have a lot, seeing as a lot of them were ripped and torn from camp.

I helped a few kids at the register and gave their parents a small smile. Next in line came a bratty- looking young boy with a small girl behind them. They looked like twins, being around the same height and matching dirty blonde hair with bright green eyes. They slammed a big bag of candy toothy grin. I smiled at the girl, she seemed a little shy. "Why hello there, are you going to share that with your sister?"I asked the young boy.

He nodded and said "our grandfather gave us this money, since mommy and daddy don't have any extra. At least, that's what they tell us. I think that they're just hiding for themselves so they can have candy and we don't! Mommy and daddy can be selfish like that sometimes."

I was shocked for a moment and it took me a second to respond. "Well, I'm sure that they are saving it to buy some secret presents for you!" The little kid smiled.

"How about I pay for your your candies so that you can give that money to your parents so they can save money for n even bigger present?" The kids grin widened even more.

"Thank you so much mister" the girl said carefully, as if choosing her words carefully.

I grinned back at them. "No problem, no go run along home!" They took their candy and ran outside. I smiled to myself. They were adorable.

I waited for a little while until Bailey walked into the store a few minutes before my shift ended. He strolled in casually, and immediately began to pick a few candies. He brought them to me, and paid for them.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, just let me tell Elise,"as it turns out, Elise was the manager. Surprising for someone so young, but she's a genius. She could've been in college, but she turned down the option stating "I want to go through the normal high school experience." Which as pretty dumb in my opinion, if I had the option to go through less years of school, I would accept it. But I'm not that smart. There was a few other employees, but not a lot. It was a large overall candy shop, with several branches across the country. Elise's family just so happens to be the family successor, and very, VERY rich.

"Hey Elise, I'm heading out! I'm going to the mall with Bailey!" I shouted as soon as I entered the doorway. She hates noise, so it's always fun to create a bunch whenever I get bored during a shift.

Bailey appeared in the doorway next to me, even though he's not technically allowed to be back here since he doesn't work here. No one really cares though.

"Would you like to join us" Bailey asked unexpectedly. He never really showed any interest in Elise, so I assumed it was just polite.

"Oh! Erm... well I don't get out of work for... another hours or so, and I wouldn't want to hold you guys back!" She bit on her lip, a motion that overtook me for a second because that's what Annabeth used to do while she was thinking. Which was always. Annabeth... I... I couldn't do this right now. Not in front of everyone.