XVI.

Sorry for the time skip, I haD TO ILY

~

 *one month later*

*one month later*

Friday December 14, 1984

You could promise someone the world and you'd never be able to reach their expectations.

The past month, it was as if Billy revived her and brought her a reason to get out of bed every single day, happier.

Falling in love and loving someone are two absolutely different concepts. When falling in love, you love that person's everything, their perfect flaws the most. You look at them with so much love and happiness, you don't even realize it until it's over.

Loving someone is like chasing the wind. You'll catch it at one point for a little bit of time then will spend the rest of it chasing them.

Diana has been loved and has loved.

What she has never done is fall in love.

She didn't have the heart to tell Steve that she had a date after all this time. So thinking highly of herself like always, she said she'd wing it.

Steve decided to take Dustin to the Snowball Dance and meet Diana at their own dance.

What he didn't know was that she's off with somebody else.

But it's not like he's in love with her, right?

Being taken aback by Billy's appearance is an understatement. I was taken back to the past.

With his dark suit on and his smirk, I was sold for the rest of my life. He's a wrenching piece of art you'd find in museums where no one really understands the purpose or the strokes of it, though it doesn't matter because you'll never be able to stop staring at it.