XXIII.

*Previously*

*Previously*

Many hours later, in Hawkins, Indiana.

Unlocking the door to the most familiar yet unfamiliar house I grew up in, I'm met by the crash of now scattered glass. There's four figures in my house I can register before I feel a strong strength clasped around my arm, pulling me right back the freezing outside. I stumble across the front yard trying to gain back my composure and as soon as I do I'm met with the pupils of my mother, Hopper, Dustin, and Steve.

I knew something was coming.

I just wasn't expecting to have Steve hurl me across freezing pavement.

"What the fuck Steve," I shout, my blood boiling and tears threatening to fall down. Not because of his grip, but because of frustration and anxiety.

With every inch of my gaze watching Steve's next move, his breathing slows down with his mouth opened before I'm hit with another impact.

The impact of his arms around me in embrace.

"You've really fucking done it this time Henderson." He says, muffled through my hair. All the words I never expected him to say when I came back. Though the shock is enormous for me, the thought of him reacting like this makes me finally return the tight embrace back.

"Get inside now," I hear from behind us, a voice I could be intimidated by.

Pulling away from Steve, I'm met with the figure of Hawkins finest chief; Hopper. Steve grabs my hand and leads me into the living room of my own house. The door slams right after, but it doesn't affect me once I'm met by the eyes of the person I need the most.

"Dustin," I mumble but I can't even process all the blues in life as my arms are around him, tighter than ever. A tear prickles down my face, and even more fall once I feel my brothers arms around me.

I pull away even though it's extremely hard to before I use the back of hands wipe away the hot tears.

"How fucking dare you Henderson," I hear Hoppers deep rowdy voice say, causing me to look at him, "you decide to disappear after you know what happened months ago; you decide to go missing when you're aware how much it affected your brother. Do you know much trouble you could get in?"

I know exactly what he means. He's just trying to keep it brief so my mother won't get suspicious.

"With what I found in your car and your mini vacation, I could send you to jail. One more toe out of line, just one more," he emphasizes, "you'll definitely be heading there."

Silently obeying, he takes one more long dirty look at me before opening the front door and slamming it after stepping out.

Who's next?