Overprotective

A/N : this oneshot is set in the episode called "after school special" . It's also one of my personal favorite episodes of spn.
____________
The rain was pouring hard on this cold Wednesday. Sam and Dean had arrived at school just a few hours ago. The bell had already rang for 4th period. Only one Winchester was in class : Dean. Now , you'd probably figure that Sam would be the one in class and Dean would be skipping but in this case, it's the other way around.

Sam had been getting teased by this kid named Dirk. He hadn't told Dean but he knew the bruise on his face would eventually be noticed. It made him nervous about what Dean would do.
Sam was in the hall now. Alone. With Dirk. "Dude... just leave it alone, okay? We're supposed to be in class. Someone's gonna catch us out here and we'll be in trouble!" Sam tried to reach out to Dirk.

Dirk scoffed and held Sam against the wall by his shirt. Sam remained calm.
"Shut up, Winchester." He hit Sam again but this time, it didn't go unnoticed.

Dean had asked to use the restroom so he had been in the hall when Dirk's fist collided with Sam's jaw and Sam fell to the floor. He felt his vision blur and his eyes closed. Dean was angry and came over,kneeling down to Sam. He glared at Dirk, and Dirk just immediately got scared.
"I- I'm sorry, man."
"You knocked out my baby brother! I should hit you but... I'm not going to. Now leave before I change my mind." Dean said angrily. And he left.

Dean picked up Sam and took him to the nurse. He sat by Sam's side until he woke up. He realized how bruised Sam's face was and it made it more tempting to go rip Dirk's lungs out. "I swear... I'm gonna kill him Sammy."
"Dean..." Sam sighed, "Please don't. I just wanna go."

Dean nodded and gave him a soft smile. He checked him and Sam out and took them to the hotel. He spent the evening watching cartoons with Sam to comfort him. And they both came to the conclusion that Dean wouldn't rip his lungs out, he'd just give him a stern talking to.