Hallway Conversations

Word Count: 339

"Hey, Sammy." Dean called to his brother, smiling at him. Sam looked back at him, making his way to where he was in the hallway. Dean was leaned up against the wall.

Sam gave him a hug when he was near him. Dean hugged back, sighing when he heard other guys whispering and chuckling. He looked at Sam when he pulled away. "What's up?"

Sam sighed a bit. "There's this guy in one of my morning classes that keeps calling me names."
Dean felt himself getting protective. "Who is it?"

"I don't know his name but... don't let him get to me , Dean." Sam said, seeming scared.
Dean pulled Sam close. He led him outside to where they took students for gym.

Sam looked around, then at Dean. "Why are we out here?"
The guy from Sam's class came from under the corner, pushing Dean against the wall of the building. He raised his fist as if to punch Dean. Sam run over, grabbing onto the guy's arm and trying to pull him back. "Don't touch my brother!"

The guy slapped Sam across the face, causing Sam to stagger back and fall down on the pavement. He hit his forehead and scraped it.

Dean got angry when he saw what happened to Sam and punched the guy, nearly knocking a tooth out. He rushed to Sam's side, helping him sit up. He looked at the mark on his forehead, then glaring at the guy who had a hand to his mouth. "Go."

The guy rushed inside the school building. Sam looked at Dean. "I didn't want him to punch you."

"I understand. But you could've gotten hurt. I would've been fine." Dean chuckled a bit, helping him up. Sam gave Dean another hug, laughing when Dean picked him up.

"Let's just go. We're only in this town for two more days." Dean smiled, leaving with Sam. They went to a park and Dean sat on a bench as he watched Sam play on the monkey bars.