Chapter 5

Sahiye swirled her chair around to the wall of windows behind her mahogany desk, gazing at the busy streets of Tokyo. Her yellow eyes glanced across the sea of pedestrians, yet she only found few that stood out.

It was common to see less teenagers and more businessmen nowadays. The virtual technology shift had locked the new generation behind their doors and the current was continuing to find ways to take advantage of the new age.

The president brushed a lock of her white hair behind her ear. Her wrinkled face scowled at the people below, turning away in disgust.

The glass double doors of her office opened. A secretary in a black suit walked in.

"Ma'am," she said with a formal bow, "Mr. Shigi has arrived."

"Send him in." the president said.

As the secretary turned around, she stood stunned as a businessman strolled pass her. "M-Mr. Shigi! Y-You can't just..."

"Good morning, Miss Sahiye!" the man smiled brightly, ignoring her, "Looking as good as ever, could've mistaken you for a young lady! New diet working well for ya?"

Sahiye crossed her arms over her desk. "Let's just talk business, Mr. Shigi. Out with it."

The businessman fixed the tie of his yellow pinstripe suit. He opened the briefcase under his arm, a hologram of graphs and charts sprang to life in the air.

"As you can see with these numbers," Shigi said, his voice filled with high confidence, "the new age is ready for a boom thanks to your new product. Gamers of all ages want a delicious taste of Color World..."

"Chromatic World," the secretary corrected.

"Same thing. Anyway, as I was saying, from research done from surveys and popular online gaming forums such as NeoBraf, my company has estimated that there's a explosion of sales set to go off for you product!"

The old woman leaned forward, eyes narrowing at the data. "Let me guess. You want our companies to merge, don't you? You'll provide the advertising and we keep the game running."

Shigi pushed his dark sunglasses up, smiling, "Nothing gets passed you, Miss Sahiye! Have I mentioned how good you look today?"

"However," Sahiye said, glaring at the man, "you want a majority of the revenue gained from the sales. As I see it, you wish to gain control of my company in the near future with this merger."

The smile on the businessman's face faded. He gulped, nervously scratching his groomed black hair.

"I-I don't know what you mean," he lied, "But the charts say..."

The president slammed her hands on the desk, raising from her seat. "Who the hell do you think you're talking to, brat? Does it look like I'm rolling in my damn grave yet? Bringing this shitty talk of business into my office, have you no honor?"

Shigi stood taken aback. "M-Miss Sahiye," he said, "If you could reconsider... um... have I told you that you look fantastic today?"

Sahiye picked a desk lamp. "You have two seconds to leave before I smash your head in!" she roared.

The businessman scurried out of the office, nearly tripping over his own two feet.

"Yet another one," the secretary sighed, "I swear all of your meetings have been nothing but lies of wanting to benefit Gamio!."

Taking a deep breath, the president placed the desk lamp down. She flopped down to her chair, fixing the folds of her black suit.

"If I hear one more damn proposal, I'll seriously get a heart attack." Sahiye sighed.