New Roads!: chapter 3

Hi everyone! Before we start this chapter i would like to say that i dont know how to add pictires or videos to a chapter otherwise i would have put this perfect picture that totaly embodies Ben Varrant's avatar!

If you know how to add pics please tel me!

Enjoy this chapter.

WritteraAddicted.

Chapter 3: first ranking

A week had passed since the lunch of New Roads!, more than 6,5 million players had already conected and another one had pre-commended the game.

Those already playing, like me, were a mere 6 thouthands, with our one week advance we would be at the top of the rankings for a while.

The reason why i am talking about rankings is because i am currently logging on the New Roads! official website, indeed the first rankings will be available in a few seconds and i wanted to know how far the betas had gone compared to me.

I refreshed the page i was on for the umpteenth time and finally the New Roads! Wall of Fame appeared. the page was simple, the words Wall of Fame were burning on top of a list of online names, next to them numbers were written.

The most famous player after this first week of gaming had only 236 of fame . i quickly looked through the list i found myself in the upper middle of the list with my 40 points of fame.

I clicked on my own name, curious to see what kind of intels were available on me. a small bundle popped out under my name:

"Name: Ben Varrent

Race: Human

Profession: unknown

Level: unknown

Path followed: unknown

No pictures available

No description available

No comments posted"

It was really pathetic. i looked at the other players but they were all as empty as mine. only a few top players had a few profession, levels or descriptions on their profiles.

"Show-offs"

I took time to change from my work outfit to a more confortable baggy jeans and T-shirt, prepared dinner for me and my sister then logged in.

Because i had to go to work the last three days i didn’t spend as much time online than before and decided to focus on completing quests instead of the time consuming reading and exercising.

I had managed to level up twice, finally reaching level 8 now i would be allowed to get out of the city. but before i had to equip myself.

That's when i remembered that the Golden Pack also included a few items. In my inventory i found a gold paper wrapped present box which once opened made several windows pop.

"You have opened your Golden pack

You will find in it a letter from a family member which will start an exclusive quest, an water gourd of premium quality, a skill book, two gold coins and an extra backpack!"

Gold coins!

A bronze coin will buy you a fruit or a bread.

200 bronze coins were worth 1 silver coin and 500 silvers a gold.

In other words a single gold coin was worth 10o,ooo bronze coins and i had 2 of them.

I am rich! No, wait! I am wrong. Right now it seems enormous but later on it would be nothing. I have to be careful with every coin i spent.