.eight.

"I'm always going to love you," I whispered. You smiled softly as you moved your lips against mine. Kissing you was sensational, breathtaking, and made the idea of forever seem far too short.

"Please don't say that," your voice was kind and gentle but there was something in it that left me waiting for the 'goodbye'.

But it didn't come. Not that day, anyways. Instead, you made me make a promise that I swore to hold myself to forever.

"Your happiness is number one to me. Don't love me forever, Jeongguk. Love me as long as it makes you happy, promise?" you intertwined your long, slender fingers with mine as you spoke. "And if it ever stops doing so, let me go."

Your shining eyes met mine, searching for some sort of answer. I knew exactly how I was going to respond, the words were right there, on the tip of my tongue. But speaking them aloud was a whole other story. But the pleading way your eyes gazed at me gave me the will to nod, and that was enough.

"Thank you," you said.

I guess I should have been thanking you. In a way, you were getting me past the first step of letting you go before you even left. You, knowing the person I have always been, were perfectly aware that if you ever left, I would be afraid to move on. Hell, maybe at that point you knew you were leaving and you were just being courteous; I don't believe that for a second. You loved me too much for that.

You let me let you go and, God, I'm so grateful you did.

-
Reason 8; you would want me to
-