[Chapter 4]

TRIGGER WARNING ~ SLURS—

Crying was a thing Eddie did a lot, or at least that's what he thought. He always knew he was weak. A foolish, faggot germaphobe with anxiety. If that doesn't sound weak, he didn't know what does.

Richie thought the exact opposite of Eddie, though. Richie thought the world of Eddie. Eddie was like water to him- he needed him to survive, and there's always going to be a bit of Eddie in him. A part of his soul. Soulmate science is weird.

But as they sat on the rocks, in front of all their friends, they thought about these views.

Eddie doesn't deserve Richie as a soulmate.

Richie needs to get over soulmates.

Bill and Stan found out they were soulmates at our 8th grade graduation formal.

Well- our Losers Club 8th grade formal. We made our own in Bill's garage. That was a big night for us- not only were we going to high school but Beverly came down with her Aunt to celebrate and give us the big news- she was moving back to Derry.

Anyways, Stan finally Stan-the-Manned up and asked Bill to dance to a slow song. Y'know, like those cliche romance movies? Well, they finally grew some balls and confessed their undying love for each other. They kissed then poof! They fused into a hot guy! What are the odds! Cue dramatic eye roll.

They were confused and a bit shocked, but they smiled wide and loved each other without a care in the world. No matter what the town said. Henry Bowers is dead, he can't hurt them like that anymore.

Richie and Eddie both wished that could happen for them.

Bill and Stan looked at each other from where they sat on the rocks, with concerned glances towards their two friends. They just wish that they'd grow their own balls and talked about it with each other. Stan for sure knew they haven't, as him and Eddie are two of the closer ones in the club. Eddie confides in Stan, so Stan knows a lot. Hearing about how scared Eddie is with this soulmates thing is saddening of course, but Richie...

Richie feels unwanted and Stan knows for sure that Eddie can't see it. Even if everyone else can.

Richie's home life wasn't always peaches and sunshine. Before being found by his biological family, his old parents were indescribable. Wentworth Wheeler was a dentist, very neglectful of his family and slept with every other woman in town that wasn't his wife. Maggie herself was a raging alcoholic, and threw so many bottles that Richie lost count.

Richie only stayed in that house because he always thought they were his family. He never knew the messy situation that went down when he was born. He never new his family. He never knew he was an identical twin for fucks sake. He was so glad the Toziers saved him from that hellhole. He's so glad they came back.

Stan knew this "avoiding the problem" thing wasn't good for any of them. And when he met eyes with Bill, he knew he wasn't the only one who thought so.

Stan grabbed Bill's lower thigh to get his attention, then leans in to whisper in his ear.

"We need to talk. About them." Stan softly whispers, giving Bill a small frown when he pulls away to look at him. Bill furrows his eyebrows, then looks at Richie and Eddie with hard eyes.

"Okay." Bill mutters, then looks at Stan with hesitation. "B-buh-But I have a plan. A s-s-st-stupid p-plan, but a p-plan." He adds, nodding in Will's direction.

"Okay. I trust you. Don't be stupid with this. It's important, Bill." Stan mumbles back, giving his boyfriend a small smile. Bill nods and gives a smile back.

"H-huh-hey W-Wi-Will, can w-w-we talk? S-somewh-where else?" Bill stutters out, gesturing behind him with his thumb. Will nods confusedly, then kicks the kickstand to his bike down. Stan nods in satisfaction.

"Yeah? Sure, Bill." Will adds, looking at Mike for answers. Mike shrugs and raises an eyebrow at Bill, who ignores it.

Bill and Stan stand up, Stan dusting himself off with a look of disgust, and start off towards the woods. Will hurries to catch up.

When the group of three figures they were far enough away, Stan spoke.

"We need to get Eddie and Richie talking. This dancing around the problem bullshit has been going on far too long." He tuts, crossing his arms. Bill nods in agreement.

"I know, but what can we do?" Will asks, fiddling with the zipper of his jacket.

Bill leans in close, and tells the two the plan. Stan's smirking deviously, pride in his eyes as his boyfriend tells them his scheme. Will is hesitant, but his face held determination after a few seconds of contemplation.

"Okay. I... I can do that."

———

Hi yes another update ;0

I wonder what Bill's plan is? Can you guess?

All I can say is Mike and Richie won't be all too pleased 👀👀👀

Actually no one will be, but the outcome is worth it if I do say so myself