[Chapter 7]

Stan was never a believer in miracles. Not by a long shot. But this? This is definitely something that can challenge him on that.

The two boys, Stan and Bill, stopped dead in their tracks at the sight. This... couldn't be real. Stan unconsciously rose a hand to his mouth in shock, and Bill quickly grasped his other hand in his. This isn't real, is it?

At the base of a tree, rotting from what Stan could see, was a stranger. Yet they were so familiar. Familiar yet unknown.

"Will? Mike? Is that... that you? Really?" Stan stuttered out, brain scrambling for reasonable answers. None came up. Well... except one.

"... Soulmates. You're soulmates." Bill said, seeming to read his mind. Of course he could. They're soulmates themselves.

The fusion looked at the two with confused eyes, and once they realized what happened everything was normal in a flash.

Once the two boys tumbled to the ground, they looked at each other with wide eyes and pale faces. They realized. They realized their feelings weren't wrong. It couldn't be. It all felt so right.

"Will..." Mike started, but not having any words to say. Nothing else is important in this moment.

"Mike." Will said in response, voice laced with thankfulness and appreciation. He knew something was missing in his life. Now he understood what Jonathan was talking about. It was beautiful and it felt... it made him feel... whole.

A union of two souls.

It was magical.

Bill and Stan left with content smiles, happy that something good came out of this mess. They knew this was a private, intimate thing. So they gave them space. It's the least they can do. Of course they'll check up on them later but... for now all is well.

"Did... did that just happen? Was that real? Are... are you real?" Mike questioned in wonder, still shell shocked. He just... couldn't believe it. Not until Will confirmed it.

Will didn't say anything. No words. Just quickly started to crawl over to Mike, a determined expression on his face. He inches closer and closer until they were face to face and inches apart. He paused.

Just to give Mike time to pull away. Then he decides he can't wait any longer.

Will crashes his lips onto Mike's, pouring out all his feelings- his love, his frustration- to see if Mike understood. To see if he suffered as long as he did, or if this was a whole new thing for him. If it was the latter well... fate was a bitch.

But Mike didn't pull away. He poured his own feelings into the kiss and swear he felt sparks and saw stars- all that romance novel type shit. It was too much yet not enough. It felt like it lasted for eternity, yet it felt like they were still starved at the same time. It was so good, yet so painful. All these years of mutual feelings poured out over two souls meeting for the first time.

It was magical indeed.

Will pulled away and averted his gaze. "I've been waiting to do that for a long time. When I saw two people kiss for the first time, I want to do it too. With you." He admits, face flushing. God it's been so long. Too long.

Mike cracked his signature smirk. "I've been wanting this for a long ass time too, Byers." He says slyly, yet Will can tell there's deeper feelings underneath. He looks Mike in the eyes with annoyance lingering in his gaze.

Will then decides that a kiss will surely shut him up.

He was right.

— — —

Hello guys !! I'm alive !! Sadly !!!!!

So uh yeah to make up for that angst and hiatus, here's some Byler smooches!!! I love theM

Next chapter is Reddie !!!! It might be the last idk yet ??

Anyway yeah I started school and it sucks but ??? Tell me what you think of this chapter ????? It's pretty trash but smooches !!!!!!!