DAY 1 - SHACKLE YOUR INCLINATION

Alhamdulillahi Thumma Alhamdulillah for the great blessing of living to reach Ramadhaan

A true blessing, a blessing many in their graves desperately wish to have an opportunity at. A blessing many onlookers will regret they did not take advantage of. Even though there is no specific proof on congratulating one another for the start of Ramadhaan, there is general proof on the permissibility of greeting one another in general matters upon receiving glad tiding and good news.

We all know the story of Ka’b Ibn Maalik and his two partners, when Allah revealed their forgiveness after they were ordered by the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam to be abandoned and shunned.

In Surat at-Tawbah, Allah says:
And [He also forgave] the three who were left behind [and regretted their error].
{Surat at-Tawbah 9: Verse 118}

He declared that He has forgiven them. When it was revealed, people went to them in groups, congratulating them.

Ibn al-Qayyim Rahimahullah said commenting on this story in Zaad al-Ma’aad (زاد المعاد), that it is proof that any Imaanic blessing is something one may embrace another on and congratulate him for.

Ibn Muflih narrated many opinions that Imaam Ahmad said pertaining to this matter but at the end he said, the most popular opinion is that Imaam Ahmad permitted it.

Allah said:
Say: “In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy - in that let them rejoice; it is better than what they accumulate.”
{Surat Yunus 10: Verse 58}

Having established that, I say may Allah bless your Ramadhaan and accept from you. May Allah honour you by granting you the opportunity to gain the most out of this Ramadhaan and may it be sincere for His sake. I ask Allah that you be among the special ones whose necks are marked as saved from the punishment of Hell.

We will have daily Khawaatir (خواطر) or reminders Inshaa Allah Ta’aala after Salat al-‘Asr. I will try my best to keep them around ten minutes. They will be short so they will not take us away from our Ibaadah, because every second of your life is precious and more precious is every second of Ramadhaan.

Putting these talks into action is the purpose of these talks and of all knowledge. It starts during the talk, when a verse is mentioned, imagine as if Allah is speaking to you and you are ready to act on it. When you hear a Hadith, imagine that the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam is before you and you are attentively listening, contemplating and ready to act upon it. When you hear a story of the Salaf, let your mind flow back to their time as if you are consulting them and sitting there enjoying their precious advice.

In Ramadhaan, the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam compared those who succeed and get their forgiveness from Allah like one whose neck is freed, which means like a slave that has been freed. Why this example or parable? In order to understand it, you have to understand the Fiqh rule. In divorce, marriage and freeing a slave, whether one is joking or serious there is no going back on it. If he says a woman is divorced (joking or serious) and if he frees a slave (joking or serious), there is no going back on it.