Day 11-THE ARROWS OF THE NIGHT NEVER MISS

Yesterday we were talking about the importance of Du'aa in Ramadhaan and how in the middle of the chain of verses talking about Ramadhaan, there is a verse about Du'aa.

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.
(Surat al-Baqarah: 186)

This is to draw your attention to the importance of Du'aa in Ramadhaan. How mighty and beautiful Du'aa the truthful and sincere Du'aa is. Umar Ibn al-Khattab radhiallahu 'anhu used to say I do not worry about my Du'aa getting accepted, I worry more about making the Du'aa. One who makes a Du'aa leaves it to Allah and Allah will answer it.

Can you believe that the Qur'an starts in Du'aa and ends in Du'aa? It starts in al-Faatihah and in al-Faatihah is one of the most amazing, most beautiful and most collective Du'aa.

Guide us to the Straight Way.
(Surat al-Faatihah: 6)

And at the end of the Qur'an in Surat An-Naas:
قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ ﴿١﴾ مَلِكِ النَّاسِ ﴿٢﴾ إِلَـٰهِ النَّاسِ ﴿٣﴾ مِن شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ الْخَنَّاسِ ﴿٤﴾ ﴿الناس﴾
Say: "I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind, The King of mankind, The Ilaah (God) of mankind, from the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one's heart after one remembers Allah)."
(Surat an-Naas: 1-4)

So the Qur'an starts with Du'aa to guide us (you ask Allah to guide us) and it ends in seeking refuge from the bandits and the thugs who get between you and Allah in worship. It starts in Du'aa and it ends in Du'aa, and in the middle of the verses about Ramadhaan is the verse:

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.
(Surat al-Baqarah: 186)

Al-Awzaa'ee Rahimahullah said people went to seek rain one time (Salat al-Istisqaa') and the man giving the speech was Bilal Ibn Sa'd. He got up, praised and glorified Allah and said O people who gathered here, do you not confess your sins? They all shouted yes. He said O Allah you heard what they said.

No ground (of complaint) can there be against the Muhsinoon (good doers).
(Surat at-Tawbah: 91)

We admit our faults O Allah, will Your forgiveness be for other than us who admit their faults? Forgive us and have mercy on us, forgive us and have mercy on us, forgive us and have mercy on us. He raised his hands, kept pleading with Allah and he did not put his hands down until the rain began to fall.

The One who opened the sky with abundant rain can bring you the husband you wish for if you make Du'aa, because the verse we are talking about says:
إِذَا دَعَانِ
He can bring you the wife you dream about, if you make Du'aa. He can bring you the peace missing out of your life, if you make Du'aa. The tranquility in your marriage is missing, now turn to Allah. Does Allah not control the heart of your husband more than he controls it? He controls the heart of your wife more than she controls it.

And know that Allah comes in between a person and his heart (i.e. He prevents an evil person to decide anything).
(Surat al-Anfaal: 24)

The person asking can be anyone, do not say I have too many sins. Yes you need to work on them, but also ask.