Annabeth has a twin?

Leo's POV:

So basically, I was opted to go get parts from the hardware store for a new invention of cabin 9.

I only went because I was super excited about the project. I had to agree after seeing Nyssa attempt at a puppy face...with that strong, muscular body.

I just knew I had to go.

I know I could summon it from my tool belt, but my siblings insisted that I go and buy the items as they needed me to take rest and so I consented resolutely.

I was also excited to meet Hazel & Frank. They were coming over to camp, and so were Percy & Annabeth, holiday from college!!
Beauty queen and Sparky were on a date.

So naturally, back to my errand.

I was accompanied by, drumroll plz, Calypso! Moi Girlfriend!

She thought I would get into  catastrophic events on my own, about which I don't really have the authority to deny.

We were on our way back from the hardware store and I saw a glint of a sword. Wondering what was happening, Calypso & I ran towards it.

I mean, we could have gone back to Camp, but our curiosity got the better of us.

We saw a girl about my height ( so, she was very short) with hair as red as Rachel's and a golden haired boy almost as tall as Percy, fighting an Empousa.

My first thought was, "Are they Demigods?!"

But they had these odd swirly ink designs on their arms, as far as I could see that is. Without another word, Calypso flashed her dagger and I?
Oh boy, I was on fire! Literally.

We were about to leap into the Battle, but the golden haired boy (I swear he could pass for Annabeth's brother. they had the same profile, except for the eyes) leaped like a cat and in one swipe the Empousa was dead.

Yep, definitely another Annabeth.

That's when I realized that they were staring at us.

The golden guy cleared his throat.
"Uh, could you like douse the fire?"

"Oh, oh" I thought... my nose must've burst into flames too.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Calypso said with a fake smile through grounded teeth and glaring at me.

I quickly did as asked and introduced myself-

"Hey, I'm Leo Valdez," I said grinning and dusting my charred nose.

"I'm Clary Fray," smiled the redhead.

I couldn't tell if she was laughing at my nose or if she was genuinely smiling.

Well, what can I say. Bad Boy Supreme can make anyone feel like that.

"Jace. Jace Herondale," the blond guy spoke not taking his eyes off of his sword. He seemed busy wiping the blood off his dagger.

"Calypso," she smiled and reached for my hand as I obliged readily.

The blond guy, man... he was so straight forward, just cut to the chase.

"How were you guys able to see that mantid demon?" Jace questioned.

"Uhh..." I wasn't even able to plan any Non-Annabeth-worthy idea! (Annabeth-worthy ideas took too much time for me and my hyperactive self, you see...)

As always, Calypso covered up for me. "Well, we're...Demigods. The kind you read of in legends."

She looked apprehensive about telling these strangers the truth, but like her even I felt that there was something about these newbies that made them trustworthy.

I don't know what it was, but I let her take the risk.

Clary and Jace stared at us and Jace spoke up after the short pause.
"Would you mind joining us at the Institute? I mean, I know it's odd, but I want to hear about the adventures you've had. You look like you've had adventures. You also seem like you are highly experienced in the field of demonic adventures."

Okay, that was a first.
This guy has the kind of humor I appreciate.

"But I just met this guy!" my brain yelled at me.

Meh.

He seems like a nice guy...or yeah, he could end up being a disguised monster. But we can beat that. I mean, it couldn't be worse than Queen Dirtface, right?

"We'll come," I said shrugging.

Alright, I've had a great deal of "adventures" (nightmares) this could not be too bad.

Unless, I'm wrong about them too, things could get BAD if I'm wrong.

"Wait," I yelped. "Let me do something first."

I created a small flying drone from the parts I bought, I took a pencil from my tool belt and wrote to my Cabin that the Drone was made of all the parts they asked me to buy.

The redhead, Clary, looked very impressed... I mean who wouldn't it is me after all.

Then we followed Clary and Jace to God knows where.

"So tell me. Start your story." Clary prodded with a smile.

I grin, plunging into the past.

"It all started at... the Wilderness Camp."

~End of Chapter~