Thalia...? Yeah, No.

Percy's POV:

Annabeth and I were waiting for the subway.

We had decided to make most of the bright sunny morning and go to meet my amazing Mom & then go back to camp as Zhang & Levesque were coming!

My thoughts we interrupted by the sound of the incoming subway. We hopped on and found 2 vacant seats, in front of these two guys.

Judging by the way they were talking and hands intertwined... they were obviously a couple.

One boy had black hair and electric blue eyes. (He looked eerily like Thalia)

The other guy had black hair, feline eyes and dressed kind of like a pop star. With all that glitter? The gelled hair and the feline eyes?
Yeah, definitely pop star.

Annabeth was pouring over some architecture book and her dagger fell out of the scabbard, when she leaned forward to prop her hands on her knees.

The feline eyed guy picked it up for her, "Why are you carrying this around? Isn't it dangerous?"

His tone was curious but also kind of familiar. I couldn't really place it.

"You can see that?" Wisegirl asked the popstar dude, eyebrows furrowing.

I could see the gears turning in her head, scrutinizing the situation.

"Yeah," Thalia's carbon copy looked weirded out... probably wondering why he shouldn't be able to see it.

"So, who are you then? Before I explain my situation." Annabeth enquired them.

Suspicion was rising like a high tide in the both of us.

"Magnus. Magnus Bane," the feline eyed grinned and added, "This is my boyfriend, Alexander Lightwood."

"Alec Lightwood." corrected the Blue eyed guy.

Oh, so I was right! They were a couple!

"Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase," Wise girl introduced.

They shook my hand courteously.

"Anyway, how can you see my dagger?" She jumped to the point.

"Oh, that... I'm actually a Shadowhunter." Alec said simply, "He's a Warlock."

How did they trust us so easily?
Well, I have to admit there was some kind of aura emanating from them.
The air around us was saying, "Trust them, trust them, trust them."
So I did.

But yeah, that was a quick reply... And hopefully a truthful one.

"Oh ok..." My mind was oozing with doubts.

Warlock? Shadowhunter? What even?

"I'm like a magician," Magnus cleared my doubt swiftly. "And uh, Alec is- Shadowhunters are crime and demon fighting...people."

"And you are?" Alec directed the question towards Annabeth.

"Children of the Greek Gods." That sounded so show stopping and grand. But trust me, it is nothing like luxury.

Who knew being a demigod actually meant 'kick ass and get ass kicked...'

"Children of the Angels." Alec gestued towards himself, copying Annabeth's simple and slow tone.

Annabeth laughed at that. Wow. Nice. This guy clearly speaks my language. Sarcasm.

"So you guys live here huh?" Alec questioned after Magnus efficiently put our doubts away.

"Oh yeah, Upper east Manhattan."

He looked at Magnus for a second and turned back at us.

"Will it be troublesome for you to join us? Our... house is close by. If it seems okay, because like we met 2 minutes ago, so like... yeah," Alec said a little doubtfully.

I didn't mind too much because these guys seemed genuine and friendly.

And I have a great knack in picking my friends and see how well that turned out!

"Sure! Glad to." Annabeth smiled at them, after she consulted my expression, which is all it takes for her.

Then, as we explained to each other about our lives, our destination arrived and they leaped out of the subway as it came to a halt.

We took no time catching up with them and even cracked a few jokes on the way.

"-And that was not even my first monster, the Minotaur. That would have to be my very own Maths teacher!" I tell them my story, just as clear as I remember.

They laughed, with me, at my younger self. And then we came to the part where I met Annabeth.

"So I saw her." I motion towards Annabeth. "I thought she looked like this medieval princess...you know with her blonde curls and California tan. And then my body was so tired, I passed out." I laugh.

"So dude, you thought she looked like a princess, which obviously says what you thought of her, and then you fainted? Sounds like a book to me," Magnus sniggers.

I turned beet red. Annabeth grinned, a faint blush painted on her cheeks.

Like this, we came to their place.

We reached an... Institute? Yeah. That's what Alec called it. It was oddly old fashioned, but the interior was magnificent. Annabeth was beaming at the church-like historical structure.

The home of Alec Lightwood.

"There are certain other shadowhunter... roommates over at times. But this is my house. Or rather, a Shadowhunter sanctuary that my family runs." Alec explained to us.

By now I had learnt all about these Shadowhunters in brief.

We walked into this large room, the main hall, to see guests. The backs of the guests rather.

There was a redhead, a blond guy and a small scrawny dude and a caramel haired girl.

"The last two seem oddly familiar," I whisper to Annabeth.

"Oh, they are," Annabeth nodded her head slowly, eyes fixated on the latter two. "Leo?...Calypso!"

I was stunned. That's who!

"Wait you know each other?" A Rachel-like-redhead asked.

"Rachel??" I questioned totally intrigued. Even her freckles and green eyes were spot on!

"No... I'm Clary," the redhead smiled politely. "Nice to meet you."

"Percy." I gestured at myself. "Nice to-"

And then we met with more surprises.

"Hola!" a female voice announced, cutting me off, closing the humongous door behind herself.  "I have guests, hope you don't mind!"

That's when I saw Jason and Piper.

~End of Chapter~