Another World

"What are we gonna do now? Bill knows-"

"It doesn't matter what Bill knows" I say, cutting off Stan. "I'm going through that portal no matter where it takes me. The only chance we have now is getting over there before he can. Maybe get whatever is over there that he needs first"

We were all standing in the tech room. I was staring out at the portal while the others were looking at me with incredulous looks.

"We didn't check if it's safe or not" Ford said.

"Just turn it on. I'm going in"

"I'm coming too" Dipper said.

I turned around and shook my head. "No, you have family here. You could die over there"

He shrugs and Mabel speaks. "I'm coming too! We can't just leave you all alone over there"

"Stan, Ford..." I look at them, waiting for their response to the situation.

"I don't think..." Ford started.

Stan sighs. "Go. We'll be here to open the portal exactly 12 hours after you get there, be ready to jump back through"

"You're serious?" I ask.

He nods. "Now go, before I change my mind"

We all stood in front of the portal, the twins on either side of me. Mabel had a bag on her bag for whatever it was we found. I nodded to Ford who started powering up the portal. We all held hands as a white light filled the space in the portal and we stepped inside, being half pulled in.

"Where are we?" Mabel asks.

We were in a dark room that looked like a lab of some sort, equipment everywhere. We had come through a portal but the vortex of the portal I was looking at was green.

I took out my phone and set a timer, one for 11 hours from now. We couldn't be rushing back to the portal, if we did then there was a chance we wouldn't return back home.

"No way" a boy said quietly.

On the floor near the door of the room we were in was a very pale 17 or 18 year old boy with blue eyes and black hair. He wore jeans and a red shirt with a black jacket on top. I chuckle nervously.

"Sorry for... intruding. We'll be going now"

I grab the hands of Mabel and Dipper, who were both looking around amazed, pulling them up the stairs and towards the front door. Shoving them outside I turned back to the boy who ran up the stairs behind us.

"Have a nice day"

I shut the door and ran down the steps of the house towards the twins who were standing on the sidewalk. The town we were in was nothing like anything I've ever visited, and the house we just came out of had some giant... thing, on the roof.

"It doesn't look like there's any creatures around, just people!" Mabel says excitedly.

"Just wait, there could be three suns in the sky" I say.

Mabel immediately looked up, squinting her eyes against the bright sun. I started wandering off and the twins had to run to catch up to me. We went into a diner called Nasty Burger, finding a booth to sit in. There was a bunch of teens, hanging out.

"This is so cool"

"Mabel calm down, please don't make a scene" Dipper said.

"You two stay here, don't act like you have no idea where you are" I tell them in a hushed voice. "I'll get some food"

"You have money?" Mabel asks.

I nod. "Hopefully the money here is the same as what we have"

"Tell me if there are any cute guys around" Mabel tells me as I left.

I rolled my eyes and went up to the counter, ordering some burgers with the money I had, which was the acceptable currency. A tall and muscular blond in a varsity school jacket came up to me, leaning against the counter beside me while someone went to get my food.

"Hey, what's your name?"

"Doesn't matter" I mumble, not looking up from my phone while I tried to get a signal.

"I'm-"

"I don't care what your name is" I say boldly, finally looking up at him with a blank face.

The whole diner around us had gone silent at my comment because clearly they heard it. Someone started laughing, it was a girl dressed in black clothes sitting across from a geeky looking guy with glasses.

The cashier handed me my food on a tray and I looked at the guy once more. "Go bug someone who cares"

Some people actually clapped as I returned back to my booth, but I ignored it, pretending it wasn't happening. Dipper was wide eyed and Mabel was the same, except with a giant smile on her face.

"That was incredible, I didn't know you could be so mean. But why were you so mean to him? He was cute" she asked.

"I don't do well when guys come up and openly hit on me, exactly like what that dude did"

We all started eating our burgers in silence until we were interrupted.

"Hey" a flirty voice said from beside my booth.

"Get a life" I huff before they could continue, taking another bite of my burger.

"Sorry about him, he gets like that around girls" a girl said.

I looked up and saw the girl clothed in black and the geeky glasses guy standing with another person, the boy who's house I appeared in.

"Sorry about myself, I get that way around flirty guys"

She chuckles. "I like you, you aren't like normal people"

"Oh, you mean the girls who would totally swoon over a guy coming over and talking to her like that?" I roll my eyes. "It's pointless"

"I agree. So, who are you?"

"This is Dipper and Mabel" I say motioning to the twins. "I'm Emerald"

"Like your eyes?" Glasses asks, quirking his eyebrow with a smile on his lips.

I open my mouth but the girl spoke before I could harshly shut the boy down.

"I'm Sam, the geek is Tucker, and this is Danny"