Win

A month later

I told Ford and Stan everything I had read a month before when we just found the book and we decided we'd get rid of that dream demon once and for all. It took a lot of planning and searching for the resources but we were ready.

"This is going to be really dangerous" Stan tells me.

"I don't care. It will only work if I'm the one that summons him"

"You might not come back" Ford says.

"If it keeps all of you safe then it doesn't matter to me"

"You can't just leave us" Mabel says.

"I'd rather leave you than make you all be in danger for hanging around me. We all know Bill is after me, still trying to get the book and destroy it. I may end up like the rest of my family but Bill will be gone for good, you won't have to deal with him any more"

"You're certain about this?" Dipper asks.

"More than anything"

They all came over, giving me some goodbye hugs, then I turned to the portal that would hopefully bring me into Bill's world where I would trap him.

"Wait Em" Dipper said, grabbing my hand.

"We'll be in the other room, setting it up" Ford said.

They all left and I turned back to Dipper. He pulled me in for another hug, using one of his hands to cup the back of my head. My arms went around his waist and we held each other for a second. When he pulled away he pushed my face closer to his.

"Please, come back" he whispered.

"I will"

We kissed and our hands slowly fell apart. He went into the other room with the others and I faced the portal. It opened up, the same bright white light that would take me to where I needed to go appeared. I took a deep breath then let the portal suck me in.

***

"You really are surprising Gem"

It was Bill, standing right in front of me, but he must've been possessing Carter because Carter was the body I saw in front of me.

"How about we make a deal" he asked.

"Carter?"

"His body, but it's Bill. You know that, I read your mind. Deal?"

"What could you possibly give me?"

"Your parents, information on your sister"

"You have my parents!" I shout.

He winces. "They had information on how to stop me so I had to stop them before it was released. Now I need that book and then all will be fair"

"But I read the book, and my parents still know what they wrote"

"I might've erased their memories about me"

"So you'd give me my parents, and information on how to get my sister-"

"That's not what I said" he said, shaking his head.

"That's what it's going to take. Info on how to get to my sister and my parents and maybe we have a deal"

"Whatever. Good enough for me. So?"

He put a hand out, blue flames encircled it, and he waited for me to shake on it. I stared at the book then made the decision.

"Show me my parents are alive"

"What? That's not a part of the deal"

"I want to know I will be given two live parents, not two dead bodies"

He sighs and snaps his fingers. Two bodies, live ones, appeared beside him. My mom and dad were both in handcuffs, huddled close to each other.

"There, they're their old human selves. Now, deal?"

"Em?" Mom asked weakly.

I smirk and look Bill in the eyes. He looked confused as he tried reading my thoughts but I knew he was coming up blank.

"What are you planning?! Why don't you have any thoughts?!"

"You think you're the best at deceit, but I'm the one that is going to stop you and save my parents"

I said a couple words under my breath and his eyes widened. He backed away a couple steps and when I said the final word a bright flash of light flew past us towards the portal. I grabbed my parents and hauled them towards the portal, trying to make it before it was closed and sealed shut forever.

"Run!" I order them.

They both fell through and I made it just in time, catching a glimpse of an angry Bill chasing after us in Carter's body.

"Em, what happened?!" Mabel exclaimed, running up to me with her brother by her side.

"I locked the doors from there to here, and I saved my parents"

The cuffs around their wrists disappeared and they both stood up, my dad helping my mom. They looked at the twins in front of them, then the two older twins coming into the room.

"Did you really stop him?" Dipper asks me.

I smile and nod. "I did"

He smiled and hugged me. When he let go Mabel came over and hugged me, nearly squeezing me to death.

"I wasn't in there that long" I say.

"How long do you think you were in there for?" Ford asks.

"Maybe an hour, it took a while for Bill to find me" I say.

Stan shakes his head. "Kid you were in there more than an hour. 2 days"

"What? You can't be serious"

"You were gone for 2 days" Mabel confirms.

"Time passes differently in the dreamscape, more slowly" my mom says.

I stand between my parents, looking at the two sets of twins in front of us. The two old 'grunkle's, the girl with braces and a shooting star as her symbol, and the boy with the hat with the pine tree that had stars in his eyes as he saw me return.

"Mom, Dad, meet the Pines"