Night 5 Part 1

The entrance door at the convention swung open, and was quickly followed by some footsteps. It was currently 11:50 at night, just before the shift was supposed to start. The trio on stage did not have a clear view of the front door, so they assumed that maybe the night guard had been replaced, even though no one had applied that day for the position. Even Foxy and Mangle had peeked out of their coves slightly, but their hopes were not exactly very high. Just then, their favorite night guard stumbled forwards into the main area, limping rather slowly and supporting himself by leaning on the wall, but he still was there, in the flesh.

"Matthew!" Mangle screamed, her face was so absolutely joyful that words would do no justice.

"Are you alright?" Freddy asked, concern clear and evident in her voice.

"I am fine..." Matthew said. Suddenly he was wrapped in a great big bear hug by Mangle, causing a crack to echo from his body and he grunted loudly, "GAH! Ow! I'm just really, really sore right now."

"OhmygoshI'msosorry," Mangle blurted out, blushing as she let go of him. Matthew shot her a smile, intensifying her blush as the rest of them came down to him, standing in a semi-circle. They were all here, this was his moment. Taking a deep breath, Matthew cleared his throat.

"So, girls, I have an announcement..." They nodded in response, showing that they were eagerly listening. "As you know, Freddy's Anime Convention will be closing temporarily due to school coming up, right?" 

The animatronics all nodded again, knowing that it was true. The anime convention was meant to be open only in the summer so that kids, but mostly teenagers, could focus at school and not be distracted by them. "Well, for the time that it's closed, from fall to next spring, I will be the day and night guard here, midnight to noon!" The girls all cheered, huge smiles on their faces.

"Oh Matthew, that's wonderful!" exclaimed Bonnie.

"Yeah, I'm glad you stuck around," said Foxy, with more enthusiasm than usual.

"Oh, the closing times will be so much better with you!" Chica remarked, throwing her arms up into the air in a little victory dance.

"Hey, Matthew. I still have that box of chocolates you gave me. I'll grab them and we can celebrate this all together!" Mangle spoke loudly and full of energy and passion, earning Matthew a curious glance. Gone, it seems, was her usual, shy tone of voice. Soemthing had given her a very welcome confidence boost. Only Freddy had remained silent, looking down.

"Um, Freddy?" Matthew asked her, noticing her silence, "What exactly is on your mind?"

"Nothing..." she blushed, knowing full-well that was a lie. She sighed and looked back up at Matthew, who was giving her a gentle smile, and she sighed, "It's just that, well... I can't believe that we finally had gotten a new night guard that was not just a huge pervert, and look at what happened within the span of a week! I don't think anybody could have predicted this happening, but I do know that I have you to thank for that, Matthew... And know that I'm deeply sorry for how I treated you at first..."

She lowered her head again, avoiding eye contact and clenching her eyes shut. Her face had gotten even redder, and she was absolutely embarrassed by her past actions. She was expecting nothing, or even a simple saying like "Don't worry about it" or "I forgive you." What she got instead was pulled into a hug, Matthew pulling her in.

She was only slightly taller than him, so it wasn't hard for their eyes to meet. Matthew gave her a small pat on the back, smiling widely at the brown bear girl.

"Don't dwell on the past, Freddy..." he spoke calmly, soothing her, "because either way I am so glad that I got to meet you."

Tears slowly built up in her eyes as the rest of the girls gave an apparent "Aww" at the display. They were tempted to join in, but didn't want to ruin the emotional moment for Freddy, as she had suddenly pulled Matthew in for a hug, too. It was a real wholesome experience for both of them.

Neither of them knew just how long they had been hugging, but it was certainly longer than just a few minutes. Matthew was the first to reluctantly let go, and his face was a pure beet red with a goofy smile. Freddy laughed at his expression, further deepening his blush before she, too, took her arms away from his torso.

"One more quick thing, girls," Matthew had said after clearing his throat and returning to a more natural color, "Mairusu had told me about a 'Spring Bonnie,' who was supposed to be coming out tonight. Just when do I get to see her?"

"Just look up," a rather odd voice rang out, echoing off around the group. Everyone froze. It didn't belong to any of the other girls, and it had come from right above them, in the ventilation system. Everybody knew who that voice belonged to, even Matthew.

It wasn't too hard to figure out.