Chapter 4: Bedroom Windows

"These are really good cookies, Mrs. Johnson." Max nodded, chowing down on her cookie.

"Oh thank you!" Betty Johnson smiled. "Do you prefer Max or Maxine."

"Max. No one calls me Maxine." Max smiled, Erin and El noticed she was being polite.

"Alrighty, Erin has many friends back in Boston, so, sorry if I call you a random name! I'll try my best." Betty's smile kind of scared Eleven.

"Mom can we take these cookies up to my room? I want to show them my room." Erin smiled, looking up at her mom.

"Of course dear! I'll be right here, cleaning up." Mrs. Johnson got up and walked back into the kitchen, leaving the three at the table alone.

--

As soon as the three walked into the room, Erin raced for the window.

"What are you doing?" Max asked, exchanging glances with El.

"We're sneaking out," Erin smiled mischievously. El looked at Max nervously. "We can't stay in here all night, we're kids, we should go out and do stuff."

"Shouldn't we tell the boys first?" El asked.

"We could throw a rock at Mike's window," Erin shrugged. "Either way, can you guys help me with the ladder?"

"Are you sure your parent's wont notice?" El asked, nervous.

"My parents do love me, but they don't check up on me. I just convinced them that I'm independent." Erin shrugged once again.

"Alright, but if she tells my brother I'm so dead." Max shook her head, helping Erin. Eleven hesitantly followed behind.

The three successfully got the ladder down, peering out from the window.

"Alright," Erin paused. "Who wants to go first?"

"Guys look!" Dustin called.

"Do you see a firefly?" Lucas asked, with a sarcastic tone.

"Piss off. The girls are sneaking out of the window!" Dustin exclaimed, flipping Lucas off.

"So what? My mom would never let us out." Mike shook his head.

"MIKE! WE'RE LEAVING! YOUR SISTER WILL BE HOME!" Karen Wheeler called, followed by a loud slam.

Dustin narrowed his face, smiling. Mike rolled his eyes, Will shrugged, and Lucas looked out the window excitedly.

"No way Nancy would let us-"

"Hey Mike I have a date so if you guys could not tell mom that would be great, bye!" Nancy swung his door open, then shut it quickly.

"Dude we have to go." Will begged.

"If my mom finds out, I'm so dead," Mike rolled his eyes before opening the door, he kept the door open. "Well?"