Chapter 12: On The Move

Erin walked down the hall, standing in front of a door. She heard a phone ring, with Dr. Brenner's voice answer it. The phone was quickly hung up, and Erin opened the door. She opened it, swiftly walked inside, and slammed it.

"You knew I would escape." Erin stated with a stone cold face.

"Yes, we did." Dr. Brenner folded his hands.

"Why am I here? I wanna now before I kill you and everyone in this hospital." Erin crossed her arms.

"I wouldn't kill them all, your friend Hopper is in a room with Dr. Owens right now." Dr. Brenner sighed.

"I'll kill you and him," Erin paused. "Two birds, one stone."

"That made no sense." Brenner looked confused.

"It made sense in my head," There was a long pause. "Why? Why all of this? The mind controlling, the trials, Kali, El, Me? What, for world domination?"

"To keep the world safe." Brenner stated.

"You want us to kill the mind slayer? Me and El?" Erin asked, obviously reading his mind.

"You two are an unstoppable duo. With you two to your full potential, you can kill half the world."

"What about the rest of the numbers?" Erin asked.

"You mean seven? They are all just test subjects. Even your sister." Brenner tested Erin's anger.

"I killed seven," Erin shrugged. "And I'll do the same with you."

"You killed seven?" Brenner looked shocked.

"Practically melted her brain." Erin stated.

Brenner stood up, walking over to Erin. He touched her shoulder, in attempt of comforting her.

"You've reached your potential, no bloody noses, no hesitation." Brenner was amazed.

Erin focused her power, breaking his legs and arms. He collapsed onto the floor, screaming with pain.

"Don't fucking touch me." Erin opened the door, walking out.

--

Dustin paced back and forth, shaking his head. Mike, Lucas, and Will all watched him, while Nancy, Jonathan, and Steve were making dinner.

"We have to do something." Dustin paused, and looked at the party.

"There's nothing we can do." Will shrugged.

"Sorry we can't save your girlfriend." Lucas teased.

"She's not my girlfriend." Dustin groaned.

"She kind of is." Mike tilted his head, looking at Lucas.

"She is not my girlfriend!" Dustin complained.

"Who has a girlfriend?" Steve asked, giving Dustin a bowl of mac and cheese.

"Dustin." Lucas chuckled.

"She is not my girlfriend." Dustin rolled his eyes.

"She seems like it." Nancy gave a smile, handing both Mike and Lucas a bowl. Jonathan came closely after, giving Will a bowl.

"Can we get back to on topic, please." Will pleaded.

"Which was?" Steve looked at Dustin.

"Dustin wants to do something to help, but there's nothing we can do." Lucas explained.

"That's what we thought last year." Dustin counter argued.

"Except this isn't last year, there is no demodogs or demogorgans!" Lucas argued back.

"What if there is." Jonathan spoke up.

--

"Erin would never allow you to." Hopper stated.

"We understand that. But if she does not cooperate, the world is in her hands." Owens argued.

"What about El?" Hopper asked.

"With thorough convincing, she would probably help." Owens answered.

"She wouldn't, and you know that." Hopper nodded.

"Then why did you ask the question?" Owens asked.

"What if Erin doesn't cooperate?" Hopper changed the subject.

"Then we use the other numbers. Including Kali, Cassidy, and more." Owens explained.

"So if Erin and Eleven don't cooperate, other people have to die?" Hopper asked with confusion.

"Essentially, yes."

--

"What do you mean what if there is?" Will turned to his older brother.

"Well we know for a fact that the mind flayer isn't gone." Jonathan explained.

"But nothing has happened all summer." Lucas shrugged.

"Nothing happened a year and a half ago," Steve paused. "But once we noticed it, it started happening."

"So what? How do we look into the upside down?" Mike looked around, puzzled.

"Will can." Jonathan stated, and everyone looked at Will.

"Not that easily." Will sighed.

"He does have powers like Eleven." Nancy suggested.

"That's like pushing the limits with his powers!" Lucas argued.

"I'll do it." Will hushed Lucas.

"What?" Lucas turned towards him.

"Its just to check, right? We don't even know if anything is happening." Will shrugged.

"That is true but-"

"No buts." Steve pointed at Lucas. "Are we doing this or not?" Steve turned to the rest of the group.

"Lets do it." Will nodded.

"How?" Jonathan asked.

"We need a lot of salt," Nancy paused. "And a plastic pool."

"I'll take Dustin and Lucas, we'll get the salt." Steve nodded.

"Let me come with you. You'll need a lot more strength then that." Nancy pleaded.

"Fine. Jonathan, can you get the pool?" Steve paused, looking at Jonathan. Jonathan nodded. "Okay, you two, comfort each other or something." Will and Mike exchanged looks, with confusion.

"You heard the man, lets go!" Dustin exclaimed.

--

Erin kicked open the door, scaring Owens, but making Hopper smile.

"Three, get back into your bed." Owens ordered her.

"Don't tell me what to do," Erin moved her head, and Owens dropped the clipboard he was holding. He kneed on the ground, clenching his wrist. "You're lucky I didn't break more."

And just like clockwork, Brenner screamed in pain from upstairs, although they could hear him.

"Was that," Owens breathed heavily. "Brenner?"

"Yeah," Erin bent down and grabbed the key card from his pocket. Owens tried stopping her, but she broke his other wrist. "I happened to have developed intense powers."

"No kidding," Hopper chuckled. "I say we get out of this place."

"Wait," Erin paused. "I wanna get something first."

"Where is it?" Hopper asked.

"In the basement. I want to get my file, Cassidy's, Kali's, and El's." Erin explained.

"We better hurry up before guards come." Hopper nodded.