Chapter 5: Visions

"I cannot believe we're doing this." Max chuckled, crossing by the Wheeler's house.

"You guys have never snuck out before?" Erin turned towards them, tilting her head.

"Well I have," Max nodded.

"I have too." Eleven smiled.

"Just never with a friend?" Erin asked.

"Uh not really for me," Max looked to her left.

"I snuck out alone." El shrugged.

"Then why are you guys so amazed?" Erin smiled, El shrugged.

"Guys look," Max turned towards her left, noticing the boys. "It's the guys."

"They must've seen us." Erin shrugged. The boys approached, Erin turned towards them to face them.

"You guys are sneaking out?" Lucas asked, standing next to Max.

"It was my idea, I just forced them." Erin smiled.

"But we came willingly." El smiled.

"Alright. Well, what should we do?" Dustin smiled, looking at Erin.

"I would say we would go swimming but the pool is probably closed, so I'm open to suggestions." Erin shrugged.

"What about the quarry?" Will spoke up.

"You guys have a quarry?" Erin smiled.

"Does Boston not?" Max shrugged.

"No I just went to a quarry all the time during the summer when we went up to Maine. It was a blast, and I met a couple of friends there." Erin shrugged.

"Are you sure Will?" Mike turned towards him, concerned.

"Yeah, we'll be fine." Will nodded.

"Alright, well I can go grab my bike, and I'm guessing Mike and El can ride together and Max and Lucas can ride together." Erin suggested.

"Sounds tubular," Dustin nodded, Lucas smacked him. "What?"

The boys, El, and Max, all raced to get their bikes while Erin ran home to get hers. She opened her garage, pausing as she saw Cassidy's bike. She sighed, and grabbed her own. She raced outside the Wheeler's, where everyone else was waiting.

"Wait, swimsuits." Dustin paused.

"We can just swim in our clothes," Erin paused. "We'll be fine."

Erin turned back around, peddling ahead. The group raced down roads, trees pacing them by. The air was humid, smelling fresh. The air was crisp, and warm. Erin felt a wave of memories, and a flashback came.

"Erin! Slow down!" Her sister, Cassidy, called. Erin recognized that it was the summer of 1976, they were 5.

"Come on Cassidy! The quarry awaits!" Erin giggled softly. Erin peddled faster on her bike that had training wheels. They raced down a hill, and Erin swerved off. Erin flew off, breaking her arm. Cassidy screamed as she approached Erin. Erin passed out from the pain.

"Erin? Are you okay?" Will asked, noticing she had stopped. The whole party was looking at her.

"I'm fine." Erin smiled.

"Did you have a vision?" Will leaned forward, asking.

"No, just a flashback. I'll be fine." Erin continued on, gulping. She peddled down, this time, a vision came.

"Brenner is dead. I shot him!" The girl Erin once knew, exclaimed.

"Doesn't mean he's dead." Erin recognized the girl who was speaking to be Kali.

"He could be." Erin saw herself, speaking.

"But he possibly can't." Kali argued back.

"I'll kill him myself. Look at Jessie and Sarah, they've been tortured. Worse then all of us." Erin snapped.

"Erin, I know this is about Cass-" Kali attempted at speaking.

"No! This is for Will, El, Jessie, and Sarah! Even you Kali!" Erin interrupted.

"Erin calm down, please." Will pleaded.

"No! You guys don't even want to kill Brenner! He tortured my sister and I! I thought Cassidy was dead! I thought she was gone! But instead she has powers that she shouldn't have, and PTSD that she also, shouldn't, have," Erin snapped. "I am not going to stop killing people in lab coats until Brenner is dead!" Erin stomped out of the room, and the vision faded away.

"Erin!" Dustin shouted in her face, Erin realized she was on the road. Her whole body hurt, she assumed she fell down.

"What the hell happened?" Erin asked, sitting up.

"You had a vision." Will stated.

"How'd you know?" Erin asked, looking up at Will.

"You fell down, and when we tried opening your eyes they were white." Max explained.

"What'd you see?" Lucas desperately asked.

"I saw Will, El, this girl named Kali, my sister, and I all arguing." Erin explained.

"What about?" El asked, leaning over.

"Brenner. Except I don't think he's alive, he shouldn't be alive-" Erin looked confused.

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

"My sister shot him. That was the last time I saw her." Erin looked down.

"Brenner has your sister?" Dustin stepped back.

"He shouldn't." Erin got up.

"You know Kali?" El asked, stepping forward.

"Do you?" Erin raised her eyebrows.

"I- She was with me, in the lab." El looked up at Mike.

"She rescued me from the lab." Erin sighed.

"Do you know where she is?" El narrowed her eyes.

"As far as I know, Boston. She told me to go to Hawkins while she breaks my sister out." Erin looked down.

"Do you know whether or not she's out?" Dustin asked.

"It was back in May when I saw her. The only way to find out is to-"

"Go to Boston." Max sighed.