Chapter 14: Bathtub 2

Dustin put the egg down in the water, and the egg gently sank to the bottom. Everyone groaned as Steve and Lucas dumped more salt into the kiddie pool. Dustin tested again, but the egg floating. Everyone smiled, and Will looked at the pool. He took one step into the pool, and the nukewarm water greeted his ankle. 

"Wait!" Mike stopped him. "Here, use these." Mike handed Will the duct-taped goggles. Will nodded, and put the goggles on. 

He brought his other ankle into the water, and laid down. He grabbed the side, and covered hsi eyes with the goggles. He put his head down, floating on the water. He envisioned himself in the dark, around him were flecks of the white stuff. He turned right, seeing the mind flayer. Now, the upside down was partly destroyed. Some parts were withering, and it reminded him how their own world was withering.

He opened his eyes, sitting up and taking off the goggles. Everyone around him stared at him blankly, almost surprised.

"What?" Will looked around.

"You said somethings," Mike paused. "While under."

"What did I say?" Will anxiously looked around.

"You said that our world is withering. And dying out." Lucas explained

"So something is happening." Dustin nodded.

"Something bad," Mike paused. "Something really bad."

--

Erin hopped out of the van, viewing the bright, sunny day. She breathed in, noticing trees all around. In front of her was a diner, Cassidy and Kali climbed out of the van after Erin.

"Where are we?" Erin asked.

"A diner in Waverly, Ohio," Hopper paused, putting a cigarette in his mouth. "It's about lunch time."

"I want a burger," Cassidy paused. "With lots and lots of fries."

"Do you not like cheese burgers?" Max turned to her.

"Wait, make it a cheese burger. Anything better then the nothing I had for breakfast." Cassidy sighed.

"I had like pancakes or something," Erin paused. "I don't remember."

"How do you not remember what you ate?" Max turned towards Erin.

"I was in and out for hours, and I barely remember anything," Erin explained. "I think I had crappy eggos."

"Eggos are delicious." Eleven stated.

"Agreed, but I think they were off-brand eggos." Erin shrugged.

"Off-brand?" Eleven asked.

"Eggos but not eggos, they don't taste the same." Erin explained.

"It makes me want to barf just thinking about it." Cassidy joked.

"Hey, just think of a cheese burger." Max suggested, opening the door and letting everyone in.

"That works for me." Cassidy smiled, walking in.

"I want a milk shake." Erin smiled.

"But aren't you lactose intolerant?" Cassidy turned to her.

"Who cares about that," Erin paused before sitting down. "I'm gonna have five."

--

"That was Joyce," Nancy said, walking away from the phone. "They just left a diner in Ohio, they should be here in a few hours."

"That's good." Jonathan nodded, bringing a towel to Will.

"Are you ready to see your girlfriend again?" Lucas teased.