08- Mommy Dearest

They surrounded her still body.

It wasn't even a body anymore- she was mostly dust.

"She-She's-" The girl twin swallowed hard.

"She killed her!" Her brother screamed with tears forming in his eyes. "That girl killed our mother!"

"I-I didn't mean to-" My voice faded out. I murdered someone else. And this person was the one that gave birth to me.

The man crouched down beside the pile of ash and gently laid his hand on top of it. He lifted his hand and watched as the remains of the mother of his children fell off his fingers.
He murmured something in Russian then began to yell at me in his native tongue.

He screamed at cursed at me in Russian with phrases I somewhat understood.
His face turned red and then he suddenly stopped. He froze in place. He still wore anger on his face but his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

He collapsed to the floor, right in front of where the ashes of the woman were. He was motionless.

The twin sister ran to his side and placed her hand against the side of his neck.

"He has no pulse." She looked to her twin. "Baba has no pulse."

"We don't need him anymore," Her twin said to her tonelessly. "He was nothing but deadweight anyway."

She gasped. "Did you kill Baba?!"

The brother went to the throne and reached behind it. His sister stood up and ran to the bottom of the steps.
He pulled out a sword from behind the chair and calmly strutted down the stairs and walked past his sister without acknowledging her.

"Ansel!" She yelled at him. Her voice broke. "Why did you kill our father?"

He turned to her and pointed the long, pointed sword right at her, inches away from her face. "Because, Aloysis, it's always been you and me! Our parents were nothing but in the way from us reaching our full potential!"

She flinched back as he screamed at her. She coward down as her twin turned back to me. He took a few steps my way then pointed the sword at me as I still laid against the marble column.

"I used telepathy to kill my father, but I won't do that to you. I'd much rather stab this through your chest!"