20- The Return To Yorktown

Charles smiled as he wheeled himself over to me.

"How does it feel to be alive?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Feels good."

He cleared his throat as he repositioned himself to sit up straighter in his wheelchair.
"I know you have your heart set on returning back with Peter, but I want to give you the same opportunity that I gave to your sister."

"What is it?"

"You were born here. Your abilities didn't come from the many syringes they jabbed into you, they came from your bloodline- your mutation. Sure, the serum caused your powers to manifest and to evolve prematurely, but you had it in you the entire time. I'm sorry about what happened between you and your parents, and I want to make it up to you. I want to ask you to move in here and live with the other students. You need to be with other mutants."

Even though I started out as their prisoner, and most likely still was, the Avengers somewhat felt like how I expected a family to be.
No, I didn't pick out which members I'd want as my father or mother figure, but I just knew that they cared about me in their own special ways. Even though they were going through a fight of their own.

And, strangely enough, I wanted to get back to that.

"Thank you for the offer, Charles, but I want to go back. Peter and I have been gone long enough already."

He smiled again as he shook his head. "Should've known you'd choose to return. Had to give it a shot, though."

"What about Aloysis? Is she staying here?"

He nodded. "She wishes to learn how to control her psychic mutation."

I looked to her. I didn't understand why, but I felt sad at the fact that she didn't want to come back with me and Peter.

"Oh."

"I do believe that she'll visit you from time to time, however," Charles continued. I turned my attention back to him. "She seems very fond of you."

"She is my sister." I said quietly. I could feel unexplainable tears weld up in my eyes. I gulped and forced them to not stream down my cheeks. "What are you teaching her?"

"I believe her mutation is somewhat a version of telepathy. So, since I consider myself an expert on the subject, I think I might be able to teach her how to use it willingly." He chuckled as he saw me glance back at her. "She's in good hands here, Alger. You don't have to worry about her."

I sighed. "I don't understand why I feel this way. I barely know her."

"Maybe it's the fact that you know she's all you have left of your immediate family?"

I shrugged my shoulders again. I suppose that Charles was right.

"Thank you, Charles." I held out my hand.

He raised an eyebrow as he hesitantly grabbed my hand and held it gently. "What're you thanking me for?"

"I'm alive because of you."

He finally shook it firmly then let go. "I'm afraid to tell you that I was quite useless toward your reviving."

My hand dropped down and hit my hip. "What?"

"I thought I had lost you. Alger, you were the one that brought yourself back. I don't know how, but it was the fact that you can absorb electricity that revived your heart."

I was shocked. I didn't truly understand what he was talking about, but I didn't care. It didn't matter to me how I came back to life, for I was planning to never use that tactic ever again.

I didn't even know what to say to him anymore. I was truly dumbfounded, with my mind racing with questions as to why and how it ended up being me that brought myself back, even with Ansel telling me that there was no way.

"Well! I think it's time for you two to go back!" Charles said, interrupting my thoughts as he turned toward Peter and Aloysis. "You ready?" He asked them.

Aloysis went to the door and opened it without saying a word. We all followed her to the front lawn. Charles stayed behind on the porch and waved to us as we went down the stairs.

"Alger?" He said loudly.

Peter and I both faced him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I almost forgot to tell you this, but happy birthday!" He said cheerfully.

I pondered on it for a moment. I was another year older, born on a date that I didn't know, that so happened to be the one that birthed me's birthday too.
And I didn't want to know her birthday.

"Goodbye, Charles." I finally said.

He waved back one more time and then Peter and I returned the gesture then turned back around and continued to follow Aloysis to the lawn.

We all three stood silently in the large front yard, surrounded by perfectly trimmed bushes and trees that produced shadows as the sun set behind us.

Aloysis looked down at the ground before she spoke. "Our mother wasn't the kind to show much affection, so I don't know how to give you a proper, loving goodbye."

"Neither do I."

We stood there silently for a moment more.

She glanced at me. I could've sworn there were gleaming tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry for everything, Alger. I just really want you to know that."

"I know." I reassured her.

In an instant, she wrapped her arms around me in a quick, awkward hug.
She tightened her squeeze as I stood there shocked, too caught up in the moment to hug her back.
She released me from her grasp and smiled. Then, her smile dropped.

"Normally it isn't right for one to know their future, but may I give you some advice?" She asked seriously.

"Sure."

She leaned in close so only I would hear her. "No matter what's happening in the sky, no matter how dangerous it looks, don't let Peter get off that yellow bus."

I nodded, confused by the prophecy she had told me, but I still took it to heart without asking anymore about it.

She took a step back and opened a portal in front of us that showed the airport the Avengers were fighting in.

"It'll be as if you two never left," She said to us, "Except Ansel and I won't be there."

"I totally forgot about the fight," Peter said, "How are we going to battle each other now, Alger? We were playing for different sides, you know."

"Well, I already know for a fact that I could beat you easily."

He seemed shocked. "What? No you couldn't!"

"Only one way to find out." I smirked.

Peter dashed into the portal, leaving me behind.

"See you on the battlefield!" He yelled through it.

I turned to Aloysis one last time before I went over into the Avengers's universe.

"Thank you," I said to her.

"Thank you, Alger." She said back as a tear started to stream down her cheek.

We both smiled sincerely and I turned and ran through the portal, ready to continue the war that I never got to finish.

Hey guys! This is the last main chapter for Ecesis | Peter Parker! The next two chapters will be post credit scenes and then I plan on posting some memes, facts and some important news for you all! Enjoy & thank you for reading my story!

Also, whoever understands as to why this chapter is tilted what it's titled, comment below & I will give the first person a free shoutout in my next post because they will certainly deserve it!!!