10- Siblings Stab One Another In The Back

Ansel was right, I felt nothing. I couldn't feel anything as it pierced my skin and I couldn't feel my arms as they pulled the blade out. All I could hear was the sharp clang of the sword after I let go of the hilt and it fell to the floor.

My body collapsed to the ground. In an instant I felt everything again, and I cried out from the sudden pain I endured.
I shakily placed my hand on the wound and lifted my hand up to see nothing but dark blood.

Peter continued to scream. I saw Ansel roll his eyes then heard Peter's footsteps as he ran to me, slid down on his knees and carefully cradled me in his arms with my back laying on his lap.

He glanced down at the wound then started to breathe heavily as tears formed in his eyes.

"Y-You're going to be okay, you're going to be fine." He said as he caressed my face with his hand.

Ansel laughed. He found me dying in Peter's arms hilarious. He bent over and picked the sword up and scoffed at the sight of my blood on it.

"I find it so cute how you, Peter Parker, care so much for a girl you barely know! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you were willing to die with her." He pointed the blade at us. "And that's exactly what you're going to do!"

I clutched onto Peter's chest tighter as I felt the pain getting sharper in my entire body. I could feel Peter's tears landing on my forehead as he held onto me, grasping me for it was going to be our final moment together before my own brother finished us off.
Ansel started to charge toward us.
For the first time in my life, I sobbed from the fact that I didn't want to die.
I wanted to live. I wanted to live the rest of my days with Peter Parker.
I closed my eyes and waited for the worst. I waited for the impact of a sharp object piercing through my chest or to feel Peter dying on top of me.
But nothing happened.
I opened my eyes and saw my brother staring at me wide eyed. He looked down at his chest and I did too.
Aloysis teleported herself back into the throne room, took the sword and stabbed him through the chest before he could even comprehend what had happened. She yanked it out of him and he crumpled to the ground a few feet away from us.
He gasped for breath, wiggled around a little bit, until finally death consumed him.
She dropped the sword and ran to us.
At this point I couldn't even breathe. The pain was too much to bare. Peter kept stroking the hair out of my face while repeating the phrase "You're gonna be okay! You're gonna be okay!"
But I knew I wasn't going to be okay.

Because even though our worst threat was beaten, he also had beaten me.
There was poison in my blood, causing it to become tainted and shut down every system that worked in my body.
I couldn't heal myself because I was too weak to even try, and if I did attempt to save myself, I would've died much faster.
The sword Aloysis stabbed our brother with was the one that had slain me. And our wounds were only inches apart in difference, with mine being in my abdomen.
She crouched down beside Peter and she lightly placed her hand over my bloodied suit.

"Thank you, Alger. You set us free from them." A single tear rolled down her cheek. "But I cannot set you free from this pain."

I winced as I felt my organs begin to shut down. I could sense every little thing happening within my body in great detail.

"It's okay, Aloysis." I choked out. I weakly grabbed hold of her hand and moved it away onto the ground. This caused her to cry harder. "I deserve this pain."

"No!" Peter grasped my hands. "You don't deserve this! You don't deserve to die!" His voice cracked as tears were pouring and rolling down his cheeks that caused the neck of his suit to get soaked. I hated seeing him this way, it pained me more than the poisoned blade.

"Please, Peter, stop crying," I said, "It'll be alright." I closed my eyes and took as much of a deep breath as I could. I didn't have much time left.

Peter let go of my hands and grabbed my face. "Alger! Alger, stay with me!" He lowered his head and made our foreheads touch. His tears dripped onto my face. "If only we had more time." He whispered.

"I-I know." I croaked. "If only we did have more t-time."

He pulled his head back a little and we locked eyes. He glanced down at my lips.
In an instant his lips were on mine. We kissed for only a moment, but it felt like it lasted forever.
Neither of us knew how to do it, but we were both desperate to get our first last kiss with one another.

I've always had this deep desire of expressing how I felt to Peter, and I never knew how or why. It made me feel weird, to the point of where I couldn't look at him the same.
But I liked it.
As I was knocking on deaths door, I got a sweet kiss goodbye from the only person I've ever loved.

I could feel the life draining out of me even quicker.
As much as I had a strong fondness for Peter, I didn't want him to watch me die. It was just something I knew he couldn't handle to see.

"Peter," I forced out as my breaths became more staggered, "Can you do s-something for me?"

"Yes, anything!" He replied quickly.

"Please go over there and grab me a marble slab by m-my mother's body. I w-want to make something for you."

If I could've bursted out into tears, then I would have in that moment.
Peter took in my ridiculous request and hesitated over the thought of leaving my side. He then nodded and carefully laid my head down on the tile and ran over as fast as he could to the slabs of marble that fell off the wall I created earlier.

I took a breath and a small whimper escaped from my lips.

"Goodbye, Peter." I whispered.

Then, everything went black.