11- When The Bell Tolls

Aloysis POV

She closed her eyes and exhaled. I leaned forward and inspected her. She wasn't moving.

"Peter?" I turned to him and he whipped around and dropped the marble slab from his hands.

"Alger!" Peter ran to her and slid down onto his knees as he picked up her head and placed it onto his lap. She laid motionless as her head lolled side to side when Peter stroked her cheeks in order to get any sign of consciousness out of her. His voice trembled and tears were already starting to flow down his cheeks and lightly splashed onto Alger's face when he realized she wasn't going to respond. "No! No, please don't be dead!"

I sat there and watched as Peter laid his ear against her chest for any sign of life.
When he slowly raised his head off her chest, that's when I knew.

Alger Booth was dead. My vision came true.

"No." Peter whimpered. He wiped off the tears that were flowing down his cheeks. "This can't be happening. No!" He desperately shook her shoulders. She did nothing.

I wanted to speak. I felt as if I needed to comfort him, but I knew that I couldn't.
He didn't know me. I barely knew her. They only really knew me as the sister that forced them both to be here.

She laid there motionless in Peter's arms. He held onto her body in a tight hug as he cried into her chest.
Blood was dried on her left hand. I watched as her arm dangled and her knuckles rubbed lightly against the marble as Peter sobbed.

She was gone. My mother- our mother- wanted her for one reason. She didn't want Alger for the sake of having her daughter back. She wanted my sister because she had a debt to pay.
She lied to her claiming she wanted Alger to stand by her side, but even that was a lie; my twin brother and I never once stood by her while she sat on her useless throne.

Sadly, she already sold Alger off to someone else before she even knew that her firstborn was actually alive.

Alger killed our mother. Our brother killed our father and I murdered my twin after he killed my sister. The moment my family was finally together for the first time ever, it fell apart.
I was the only surviving member of my family now.
And I didn't want to be. I shouldn't have been.

We both sat there and mourned over her. Tears streamed down my face quietly as Peter sobbed loudly.
Alger, even though I hadn't known her long, seemed like the type of person to keep her emotions bottled up.
However, it looked as if she was sad.
She wore a frown with her eyes shut, eyebrows furrowed and tears that were dried onto her cheeks.

I brought my knees to my chest and sighed. If only I followed my gut when my mother told me about the girl named Alger Booth. How I had a feeling that we shouldn't of bothered her because I thought we had no business to take her.
I didn't know she was my sister then. If I knew, I would've created a portal and stayed with her, leaving everything else behind.

I closed my eyes and rested my forehead on my knees.

A large, lavish mansion blocked the sun as it was looked upon. The front doors opened and a man in a wheelchair wheeled out and aimed his arm out as two more people stepped outside. They both wore jeans and navy tee shirts with duffel bags wrapped around their shoulders.
It was a smiling Peter with an alive-and-well Alger Booth.
They both shook the man's hand and they walked through a portal that led to an alleyway in New York City.
The man went back inside and the door closed behind him.
A sign that read Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters was hung beside the door.

I opened my eyes and glanced at Alger's hand. For a moment, it seemed as if her fingers twitched.
I grabbed her bloodied hand and Peter shot up.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he sniffled.

I held her hand up. "Look at this."

We stared at her left hand. Her fingers were curled, but as if she were alive, she formed her hand into a fist and then relaxed her hand.

Peter gasped. "H-Her hand! It moved!"

"She's still alive, Peter! We can save her!"

I released her hand and jumped to my feet.

"But how can we-"

"I know a place." I created a portal in front of us and a picture of the mansion appeared.

Peter wrapped his arms underneath Alger and held her as he stood up. "How do I know that I can trust you?"

"Because, Peter Parker," I motioned to the mansion in the portal, "I saw her in a vision."
I stepped through and turned around.

He looked down at Alger in his arms. Her face was covered in cuts and bruises as were the rest of her body.

"She's still alive, Peter. If we want my vision to come true, we must get her inside that mansion."

He looked up at me. Tears were in his eyes. He sighed and walked through the portal.

"You better be right about all this."