Part 1: They're Back...Again

[[Blossom]]

"Ms. Utonium," Mr. Rocker, my secretary came barging into my office, "I have important news for you!" he said excitedly.

"Go on," I didn't look up to greet him, I only stared at the paperwork in front of me. However, my ears heard everything, even the distress in his voice. I sat there wondering what could be wrong.

"The Rowdyruff boys are back in town." He caught his breath.

I looked up at the large man in front of me, straightened, and sat everything I held down in front of me. My mouth opened to speak, but no words came out. Brick Rowdyruff, I remembered him well. I remembered the young five-year-old boy, with red flame hair designed in a sharp Mohawk ending with a long tail. I had a big crush on him, and just thinking about him made my stomach churn. Before I noticed, my mind endlessly went through many moments with Brick. Then suddenly my sisters appeared in my room.

"Thank you for the information Mr. Rocker, you may leave now." I dismissed him and nodded for my loving sisters to come in and take their seats in front of me.

"You heard?" Buttercup asked a small smile playing on her lips.

"Yup," I spoke half dreamily.

"I saw Boomer today," Bubbles spoke sweetly, "he's playing for the Bluejays of Crownstown, a city in the next state." She giggled. "When he saw me at the market today, he smiled at me and then asked me if I wanted to hang out sometime."

"I saw Butch today," Buttercup smiled wide. I never thought she could smile so wide, "he's so mature now, he's a cop. There were these douchebags making fun of me earlier, and I took the professor's advice and didn't use my powers on them. I also didn't beat them up, because I'm better than that now. So, I sucked it up and let them bully me, then Butch came. He handled it with minimal violence. He's so freakin' gorgeous I almost melted. Gawd..." she sounded extremely happy. 

"Have you seen Brick?" Bubbles asked me giggling softly, "You both look great together."

"Unfortunately I have not," I sighed and lay back on my flexible roller seat. "What's the news with him?" she asked her sisters, who usually knew all the gossip in town.

"They say he got rid of the Mohawk and the tail and took on the clean haircut and shave. He wears a suit now you know," Bubbles winked.

"Yeah, he's rich too. He's CEO of Crown Industries," Buttercup's smile disappeared into a straight line. She was impressed, but she greatly disliked Brick for the things he had done to her when they were just children.

"Wait," I thought aloud, "he's the CEO of the company that my firm works for?" I asked baffled.

"Apparently," Buttercup smirked.

"I think he will visit soon," Bubbles suggested, "that's how business work doesn't it? The owners like to explore their new stuff." She rolled her eyes.

I blushed slightly, thinking dirty of the sentence Bubbles just said. I thought of Brick exploring his new object...me. I shivered; I never had thoughts about him like this before. I needed to see a picture. I opened my laptop and quickly typed in 'Brick Rowdypuff'. I did not get many successful results.

"His name in the business isn't Brick Rowdypuff," Bubbles informed me, "It's Brandon Rowdy."

"That sounds decent. Did they all change their names?" I asked as I typed in 'Brandon Rowdy'.

Images of a man with long perfectly groomed red-hair,  serious hazel eyes, wearing a black suit and power tie, appeared. Along with images of those came images of Brick in his mansion wearing casual clothing such as polo shirts and sandals, or shots in the mountains with a red scarf and pink sweater.  It was amazing what twenty years can do to a person. My eyes grew soft and I found myself leaning on my hand as I scrolled through pictures of a new Brick.