She sat at her desk completely tired. Lana was definitely nodding off at work, but for the most part, she was simply ignoring it and trying to push through it. Or Miss Grant was going to fire her for sleeping on the job. She was probably on her tenth cup of coffee this morning and Kara was not even there yet. She kept playing around with the bracelet around her wrist. It was a birthday present from a family friend, he always visited when Lana was little but it grew less and less as she got older.

"Lana."

She blinked at the sound of Winn's smooth voice ringing in her ears, she met his hazel eyes with her dark doe brown ones, "Yes?" She had to turn her head to look his way, but Winn had gotten up from his own desk to walk over to her.

"Did you listen to anything I just said?"

Lana bit down on her lip nervously, she was trying to stay awake that she had not even noticed him speaking to me, "Uh... No..." She scratched the back of her head, "Sorry."

"Come on, Lana." Winn's voice grew out into a whine. He continued to ramble about how she never listens to him, but she always did. She was pretty she knew more about Winn that he knows about himself. They had been best friends since they were kids, she remembers his parents living relatively normally. She remembers his little sister always wanting to have her hair braided. It was hard to distinguish what was happy in his life when she was only a child. "I need help picking a movie."

"Right." Lana sighed inwardly at the thought of him asking Kara on a date. She glanced at Kara desk, which was across from her own. Lana was not so fond about having her desk so close to Miss Grant's office, but she was a secretary, "Is this going to actually be a date or am I going to be dragged in again as a 'friend' thing."

"I know." Winn leaned on my shoulder, puffing his lips out in a pout, "I get it. I always drag you with us, but I get nervous."

"I can't always be your third wheel." Lana presses her palm against his face to get him off of her, "If you keep doing that Kara is only going to think of you as a friend." She tried not to yawn but couldn't help it. Tears formed in her tired eyes while she stretched in my seat.

Winn squinted his eyes at her, "What time did you go to sleep last night."

Without missing a beat, she had snorted at his question, "What's sleep?"

"Lana." Winn spoke sternly, he stood up with her when they saw Kara come in, his height difference towering in comparison to Lana's, "You need to stop pulling all-nighters, it's obviously not good for you."

She couldn't help but smile at him, they always did this to each other. If they knew that it was not healthy for the other or anything, they were always there to help the other, even when it was just them giving each other advice.

"This is no smiling matter." Winn grabbed her face and began to knead at her cheeks like she was a child, "You could die."

Lana swatted his hands away, "Stop." She pressed her palm under his chin and pushed violently at him. It looked as if they were two siblings wrestling. "I was just trying to binge watch Pretty Little Liars."