Here Comes The Bride

Lauren never planned on getting engaged at the age of twenty, let alone be married by the time she hits twenty-one.

But here she was, discussing details with her wedding planner, her whole body vibrating with pure excitement and whatever chemicals that are flowing in her system at that moment, because hell yeah she's gonna marry her best buddy and the love of her life. Something in them have always known that they'll end up together, and now they're letting the whole world know, too.

"Let's talk color motif and flowers," Poot Lovato, her wedding planner, said with a friendly smile.

Lauren bounced excitedly because she's been dreaming about this set-up since she was a teenager who just had her first taste of weed. She can't wait to make her dream wedding come to life just like how she's envisioned it.

"I'm thinking brown and green."

Poot's jaw dropped. She has never heard a soon-to-be-bride, let alone a fashion icon and one of the hottest celebrities today, suggest such an ugly color combination. If she hadn't shaved her hair, she would have been pulling at it in complete frustration right now.

"Brown and green?" Poot confirmed with a slight grimace, hoping to God that her ears have deceived her. Brown and green sounded like a severe case of diarrhea, if she was being honest. She felt her head starting to throb.

"Yasss! The color of kush and rolling papers, yo. The color of love and peace. When I walk down the aisle, I want my flower girl to be throwing nugs all over the carpet, and the whole place to be decorated with marijuana, ya feel me?"

"Umm I don't thi---"

"And then after the ceremony, the guests could light up the decoration, so when the reception rolls by, they'll all be hungry as fuck."

"Um, Lauren, I don't think --"

"It'll be good for the environment, coz nothing would be wasted. Decorations will be consumed, and no food will be thrown away. I'm doing this for the betterment of this world," Lauren said passionately.

Poot could see the light in Lauren's blazing green eyes, so she didn't think it's a good time to tell her that her ideas are shit. She knew she had to put a stop to these delusions one of these days, but she didn't argue for now, and tried to shift the conversation to another topic.

"How about your wedding gown?" she prodded.

"Nothing too fancy," Lauren shrugged. "I'll just probably wear a sweatshirt, some boots, and a wide-brim hat."

At this point, Poot was close to having a mental breakdown. She couldn't take it anymore and if Lauren wasn't such a high-profile client, she's probably about this close to beating this bitch up. She's the freaking best wedding planner in all of Miami, and she couldn't let Lauren ruin her reputation by agreeing to this insane cheap ass shit that could probably send her to jail. She's already compromised her principles by agreeing to this horrible cheap ass venue, and she wouldn't let herself downward spiral another level.

"Lauren, I don't think it's a good idea for you to be in your Walmart attire on your wedding day. And please don't even suggest a gown made of marijuana leaves, - eeeeeeppp!!" Poot's hands flew to her mouth in a state of panic to stop her own words, because damn her to hell if Lauren found what she just said a good idea she might just kill herself.

"My body, my choice!" Lauren raised an eyebrow, unimpressed by her planner's lack of excitement to her suggestions.

Rubbing her temples quite aggressively, Poot let out a deep sigh, her entire life flashing back, and she wished she followed her mom's advice when she turned eighteen to just marry a rich old man and be his trophy wife, instead of being obsessed with her friend, Nick. Maybe it's not too late for her. Maybe she should cancel this meeting and go on a date with Simon Cowell and help him assemble the biggest girl group of this generation.