Albert DaSilva is typing...

Race sat on a beach chair, waiting anxiously for Albert to respond to his newest message. Since he had added Albert on Snapchat and Instagram, Race had been trying to work up the courage to ask Albert to hang out.

His phone vibrated in his hand and he swiped it open.

Albert DaSilva: I would love to but first I have to tell you something.
Albert DaSilva: I'm deaf. And I'm not sure how us hanging out would work out since I can't read lips and you can't sign.
Albert DaSilva: I realize I probably should have told you before but I enjoyed talking to you so I just kept it quiet.

Race Higgins: Dude I don't care if you're deaf or not, you're my friend. We could always watch a movie on Netflix or something with the captions on.

Albert DaSilva: So you don't hate me?

Race Higgins: No not at all. So what do you say, I drive you home from school on Monday and we watch a movie at my place?

Albert DaSilva: I say that sounds like a plan. I can bring the snacks. I'll remember peanut M&M's, I know they're you're favorite.

Race Higgins: Ahh you're worming your way into my heart slowly, Albert DaSilva

Race's cheeks started to heat up after he reread what he had just sent to Albert. He really didn't mean to say that, he just got caught up in the moment. When he looked down at his phone, he saw Albert's response staring back at him and his breath caught in his throat.

Albert DaSilva: Well you, Racetrack Higgins, are welcome in my heart any time you want.