Incoming Call: Jojo De La Guerra

"Hey Race, can you, you know, get your ass out of bed and come outside?" Jojo's voice filtered into Race's room

Race grumbled into the phone a quick 'I'll be right out' and headed for the bathroom, pulling on gray sweatpants and throwing a beanie over his head. Grabbing his glasses and slipping them on his face, he quietly slipped out his front door, careful not to wake up his family this early in the morning.

"Don't say anything yet," Jojo called out and Race turned to his best friend, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "There's someone here to see you."

Race noticed Jojo holding his phone up, the camera set on video. And that's when Race realized that Albert was standing behind the brown haired boy and a smile crept on Race's face. Stepping forward, Race noticed a shy smile on Albert's face.

"Hi," Albert's voice was loud, almost at a yell and it caused Race to cringe slightly. "Sorry, still getting used to hearing my voice again." He paused to take a shaky breath. "My name's Albert."

Race grinned at his boyfriend who had just gotten cleared to get out of the hospital after his surgery. "Hi, Albert. My name's Race."

Race watched as tears started welling up in Albert's eyes and Race rushed forward, pulling his boyfriend into a tight hug. As Albert sniffled on his shoulder, Race felt his own eyes start to wet as well and before he knew it, he was crying into Albert's shoulder.

Albert was the one to pull away first, moving his hands to Race's hips and looked at him straight in the eyes. "Say something else."

"I love you," Race replied, and he saw Albert's lips quirk upwards.

"God I could hear you say that every day for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy." Albert whispered, brushing his lips against Race's own.

"This is so," Jojo interjected, turning his phone off and wiping at his nose which was running from crying. "Touching. God, I love you guys."

Race and Albert looked at each other and laughed, motioning for Jojo to come and join their hug.

Jojo ran to his two best friends and wrapped his arms around both, laughing happily. "I love you guys."

"Guys this is so gay," Albert joked, nudging Race in the side.

"So are all of us so it's okay." Race replied, letting go of Jojo. "Is it okay if I still sign around you? I won't if you're uncomfortable with it."

"Racer, it means the world that you learned a whole language for me. And I would really appreciate still signing sometimes." Albert kissed Race once more and Race felt like his heart was soaring because of how happy he was. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love me most," Jojo replied, making all the boys start giggling again.