Snapchat from Race Higgins

Albert had a smile on his face as he swiped the newest notification on his phone. Noting the purple box on his bright screen, he made sure his volume was all the way down because even though he couldn't hear, his family still could.

Tapping on it, he waited for it to load before playing. Race was sitting on his bed and was saying something to the person behind the camera. Then the blonde haired boy turned toward the camera with a small smile on his face and brought his hands up.

His signing was carefully done but was messy, he was stumbling over the words. Still, Albert was able to figure out what Race was saying.

Starting a screen recording, he replayed the Snapchat so he could record it and watch it over and over. Watch the boy he has slowly started to fall for sign the 5 words he had only wished he would ever see.

I like you a lot.

Albert had swiped on Race's name and started to type when a message from Race popped up.

Race Higgins: I hope you could understand that
Race Higgins: Ever since I found out you couldn't hear, I started learning but I'm not very good.
Race Higgins: But in case the message got lost in translation: I like you, Albert. A lot.
Race Higgins: And I'm not really sure what this is gonna do to our friendship but I hope it doesn't ruin it.
Race Higgins: If it does, I'm sorry.

Albert DaSilva: Don't worry about it
Albert DaSilva: I like you too
Albert DaSilva: A lot

Race Higgins: What does this mean?

Albert DaSilva: I'm not really sure. People don't tend to like me.

Race Higgins: Well I do. And I would love to take you on a date sometime.

Albert DaSilva: You really want to?

Race Higgins: I really want to.
Race Higgins: I want to start signing more around you but I don't want to mess up.

Albert DaSilva: I'll help teach you
Albert DaSilva: Thank you for learning.

Race Higgins: Anything for you, Al.