favorite

It all started at Starbucks, just a block away from Lisa's house.

×

00:24, I read the time as I turned on my cellphone. I looked for some series to watch on Netflix, but there were none, no new series, and even new episodes, sigh.

I got up, running my hands through my hair, and tied it up into a bun, a messy one. I wore my favorite black sweater with a rainbow on the center and smoothly inserted my black sweatpants.

I walked towards my desk, picked up my coat hanging on the chair, and swiftly grabbed my phone and a purse containing my cash, putting it inside a pocket of my coat. I walk towards the door, sitting on the floor while I wear my brown Timberlands.

-

I shivered at the cold breeze outside, rapidly rubbing both of my hands together, and went inside the Starbucks - just a block away from my house.

"Hi Lisa!" Jisoo greeted me with a smile, she's doing her summer job there and she's a friend.

I smile at her as I walk towards the cashier, looking up at the screen above her deciding what to order.

"What's your order, Lisa?" She asked me, patiently waiting for my response while readying her fingers to click on that screen where they put the customer's order/s, I don't really know what they call that.

"The usual," I answered as I grabbed my purse from the pocket and she started to tap the screen.

"Here's two hundred dollars, keep the change," I grinned as I wiggle my eyebrows that made the both of us laugh.

"Well, thank you," She said, wiggling her eyebrows, too.

"Here's your order, Chicken & Double-Smoked Bacon and Chocolaty Chip Crème Frappucino, thank you!" She slightly pushed the tray towards me, and I put my purse back into my pocket so I can use both hands in carrying the food I ordered.

I carefully walked towards my usual place, at the corner by the glass wall. But there was someone occupying the place.

Sighing, I turned my head and looked around if there's still an unoccupied table but no, there were none.

I decided to turn back again, and just sit with the lady on my favorite spot.

"Hey, uh, can we share?" I asked her, but she furrowed her eyebrows, looking at me then at her plate.

"Oh, no no, not your food, I have mine. I just wanna ask if I can sit with you because there's no other space, may I?"

Maybe she thought I was talking about her food, and so I asked one more time, hoping she'll understand and will let me sit with her.

"Oh yeah, I thought you were talking about my food. Sure, you can." She chuckled and I also did.

"Thanks," I muttered and she nodded in response.

After she finished her food, she got up, smiled at me, and waved goodbye. I watch her walk outside as she swiftly run her fingers through her hair.

-

After I ate, I bid goodbye to Jisoo and walked out.

Slowly walking down the street, looking at each and every flickering streetlight that I pass by.