rumors

"i don't know where they're getting their news, but i'm not mad if tonight it comes true."

×

the sun rose from its bed, warm, waking me up with its light passing through my window.

i rubbed my eyes, adjusting from the light, and reached for my phone as i heard it vibrate on my desk. i looked at the time and saw the date underneath it.

"oh shit, it's monday."

i immediately got up and rushed to the bathroom after seeing the time, 08:01 and i have a class on 9 am sharp. shit.

after taking a bath, i wore an oversized white t-shirt tacked in denim ripped jeans paired with my dirty-white adidas, and lastly, a coffee brown coat.

i stopped by Subway and bought three sandwiches, two for brunch, and an extra one if i get extra hungry, if not then i have jisoo and chaeyoung with me.

-

as i walk through the hallway, all eyes were on me as they murmur in their own little world.

i walked as fast as i could to my locker and saw jisoo and chaeyoung, leaning on the lockers with their arms crossed.

"oh, so are you dating her already?" Jisoo suddenly blabbered, as soon as i reached them.

"who?" i said, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"who else if not her?" jisoo continued, emphasizing the last word.

"you mean, lisa? we were just classmates in high school, haven't i told you that? and i liked her since then."

jisoo and chaeng slowly nodded and i immediately shook my head, "but no, we're not dating."

"anyways, what makes you say that?" i said as i made my way between them, opening my locker.

"well, everyone's talking about it," chaeyoung said as she turns her head, looking at everyone around us, some are also looking back at us, still murmuring. creeps.

"are you saying that those students are talking about us- i mean, lisa and i? being in a relationship? holy mother of jisoos no way,"

my eyes grew bigger upon analyzing everything that's happening right now.

i mean, why would they?

"lisa? THE lisa? yeah, i like her but she? lol, who are you kidding bro?"  i said in my thoughts, chuckling internally.

"exactly," chaeng said, waking me out from my thoughts.

"and you must like the rumors," jisoo added, smirking as chaeng chuckled at jisoo's remark.

"i kinda do," i said, making a little laugh, "but no jisoo, she has a girlfriend, she has seulgi."

"you haven't heard the news yet?" chaeng looked at me, arching an eyebrow.

"wha-" the bell rings, cutting me off and snapping every student from their own bubbles back to reality. class is about to start.

-

"class dismiss." said mister victory, our professor, right after the bell rings.

"and, hey there kim! jennie kim!" shouts mister victory all the way from the door.