pink skies

"I love you, especially your eyes, even if we see different skies under the same sky,"

×

"I love you a millionfold." Lisa blurted.

Jennie stared at her, coldly with her dark and empty eyes.

"Stop talking nonsense," Jennie retorted as she grabbed Lisa's hand, leading them both to the balcony.

"Look, isn't it beautiful?" said Jennie, looking up to the sky, observing how the sun sets in front of their eyes.

Jennie stood still, looking at the sun as it slowly sets, still her hand on Lisa's wrist, lessening her grip.

"You are beautiful,"

"The most beautiful canvas I have ever seen,"

Lisa turned her head to look at the older girl standing beside her as she swiftly made her way to Jennie's hand and entwined their fingers.

"Look at the sky, not me, you dumbass."

Jennie rolled her eyes at the younger girl, while she squeezed Lisa's hands and hold them tightly, safely, and warmly as if it was the last time she can hold her the way she does.

Lisa smiled as she felt Jennie squeezing their hands. She felt warm and safe, she always does, every time Jennie does her thing.

"They are really beautiful,"

Lisa gazed at the sky, the sun still setting, only half of it can be seen.

"Pink skies,"

Lisa breathes, focusing on the sky up above them.

"I love pink skies,"

Lisa once again looked at Jennie and smiled lovingly and back at the sky, pink sky.

Jennie turned to look at Lisa. She saw how Lisa smiled at the sky which she called pink skies.

Her eyes are now filled with affection, love for the blonde beside her, Lisa.

She looked at how the younger girl smiled peacefully as she stares at the sky.

Jennie wanted to cry, but she didn't, instead, she held Lisa's hand firmly.

"It's not pink tho," Jennie said under her breath.

"It is," Lisa said, still smiling, looking at the sky above them as the moon peeks over them, as the stars witnessing the lovely night between them.

"Yeah," Jennie nodded and leaned onto Lisa, resting her head on top of the other girl's shoulder.

"It is pink," even if it's not.

Lisa is colorblind, and Jennie knew that.

Jennie has always wondered what color Lisa sees in her, and Lisa would say, she's tan.

Jennie would ask Lisa about the people passing by them, "what do you see?"

Lisa would say, "Some are blue, some are pink, and some are purple."

"But you're different, you're tan and I am too,"

"I love you," Jennie suddenly blurted.

It was getting dark and only the moon and stars are giving them light and it was enough for both of their eyes to look into each other.