Part 11

Mitch's POV
I walk along the empty street with a menacing scowl  on my face with a frustrated growl radiating from deep within my throat. Red radiating on the path below my feet from my vampire eyes. Showcasing the strong blood lust toying at my senses, wanting to locate an extremely unlucky victim. I keep my head down staring at my ghost of a shadow. Hood up over my head and hands buried in my checkered pocket pockets. Not caring to hide who I was, if people caught a glimpse of my fangs or glowing eyes then I'd just have to kill them. Street lights still lighting the street with circles of light, the bulbs not quite strong enough to light the whole street. It's early morning, the sun only just visibly lighting the sky indicating the crack of dawn. Letting me know I don't have long left to stay out in the outside. An hour at the least. I pick up my pace not wanting to sprint at my godly speed. Wanting to be in my own thoughts while walking instead of sitting in my own thoughts surrounded in memories of what I just lost with what I'd done. I have Jerome taken away from me and ended any of my chances to get closer to Jack.
I'll kill Mark. I plot my revenge against Mark as I walk down the street back towards my house that will be lonely. Mark will pay. One plan however stood out from the others, I'd trick him into a room or forrest that's fairly dark, but just bright enough to be able to see me to witness his life ending before his eyes with the shine of a sun incrusted knife. A knife able to pierce though vampire flesh and end the victims life by burning the victim from the inside out. Mark wouldn't know what it was, only knowing he was too late to stop me.
Then I can get both Jerome and Jack back. Have them both as mine! Something about Jack attracted my interest, he was different to others. Had a different smell to him, not a bad one like perfumes or deodorants, I mean the smell of his blood. Tainted with something I couldn't quite recognize. It wasn't likely the alcohol he'd consumed I don't think. But what I did was stupid, I couldn't help myself to take a taste of his blood... But his blood was sickened and tainted even more by the alcohol he consumed. The amount gut wrenching and sickening to vampires. Vampires were never able to process alcohol... Our version is poisonous blood like snake or scorpion. But human blood that had been tainted with alcohol was poisonous and deadly to us. Jacks blood despite the alcohol was different though, it had been thicker than human blood within his blood stream when I'd bitten him. Something's not right with him, he's not a normal human... There's something with him that's not going to go undiscovered by me. I'm going to figure out what it is even if it means I have to kidnap him.
I can't believe I failed to accomplish what I wanted though. I but Jack... Went to take his blood to cover the wound when I was done... Just Mark had moved, tricking me to think he was awake. I didn't get to drink Jack's blood, only pierce my fangs into his neck. Which was why he was screaming in pain. Open wounds that went past the nerves and was open to air which wound sting. I wanted Jack to be all mine so that I could figure it out. I bit him hoping he would turn into one of us or to at least to figure out what was different. Little good that did. Now I've lost all I care about... Jerome. I feel like a jerk for treating him how I did, now he probably doesn't want to know me. Going back isn't an option right now... I know Mark will be there to knock me to the ground and likely kill me.

"Sir are you okay?" I hear a voice say from behind me. I lift my head and sniff at the air. Smirking at the smell the met my nose in the breeze.
Male, age within his twenties with his wife in her early thirties. Just what I need. I turn to face them, they take a step back with a gasp, catching the sound of their heart beats picking up. Grabbing his wife's hand and getting in front of her as if protecting her.
"Please don't kill us!" The man says scared.

"I used to do that too once" I laugh with a sigh. "Protect someone. But protect them from who I was and others like me." Remembering the promise I'd made to Jerome not to kill. I lower my gaze from the couple. "I don't know if I'm okay any more to be honest with you... I can't even make myself want to kill you. I can't kill innocent people" I say in a low voice with a sigh. "I was selfish, greedy to the point Jerome's gone... He was my life, one of my closest friends, my boyfriend. Now he's probably not even wanting to know me." My voice cracking with tears. Tears stray down my face, I change my eyes to normal, showing that I'm still human inside. "If you're going to kill me, then please just do it... I've got nothing to live for anymore anyways. I have no purpose. All I am is a monster and I can't change what I am!" I yell tearful. Sick of accepting what I am. "Please just do me and humans a favor and end me."