Part 12

Marks POV
"Hey Jerome..." I say as I cautiously creek the door open to the dark, cold room Jerome was in. My skin instantly hissing with goosebumps against the cold breeze suddenly rushing past me as soon as I open the door. His loud sobs and salty smelling tears greeting me as I walk in. Remaining as cautious as possible to not give him a reason to yell or flip out at me.

"M-Mitch?" I hear his voice say. At first I didn't recognize his tearful and quiet tone. I lower my gaze and shake my head with the sudden hurt that begins to grow within my chest, one of upset for Jerome... Mitch was cruel to him. I allow my eyes to glow their red glow as I lift my gaze to look around the room. The light following every direction I looked. But I couldn't locate Jerome anywhere. All I could find of him at this point was the sound of his cries and the horrible saltiness on his tears. The poor thing loved a lustful vampire that accused him of being in the way. My blood boils at thinking of Mitch. I had time to have a deep think through what had happened. From who had bit Jack to how Mitch treated Jerome, also thinking of how I'd reacted... Wondering if I'd overreacted or didn't act enough. I knew full well though after thinking, knowing it wasn't me who'd bitten Jack because I couldn't do that to him, as cheesy and cliche as it sounds. We even tried while in the Kitchen... Jack made me try and bite him to see if I had bitten him without control. But even when I got close and heard the rush of his blood and smelt the sweet, salt of his flesh... I couldn't even open my mouth; my mouth had refused to open.

"S-Sorry to disappoint you-"

"O-Oh i-its you..." The red light radiating from my eyes dulls with upset. I wish I could comfort the poor soul. Managing to locate Jerome straight away, he now sits on the bed looking at me with tear glazed eyes. Shivering with red puffy eyes and tear stains down his cheeks. My god, he looks like he's falling apart. I try not to focus on him too much.

"Jerome. I can see your clearly not okay-"

"Yeah no shit! How could I be okay?!" He yells in a sob. Stopping me in my tracks as my eyes widen in shock at his outburst. I drop my gaze away from him to the ground beneath my feet. I understand why he's mad. I take a deep breath and focus on making my eyes human so they don't glow.
"My heart just got s-stomped on by the monster I'd called my lover! Then you threw..." He pauses. As if thinking what to say... "You just threw the c-culprit out the d-door" he sobs. I feel my own feelings racing. Aches growing within my heart.

"Im sorry okay... But do you want to at least talk about it?" I ask with a questionable tone. Continuing to walk to the bed. Sitting myself on the bedside opposite him. My back to him.
"Look Jerome... I understand how you feel. I understand what you've been through and why you're being like this." I say as calm as possible. "But Jerome, he was toxic to you. No one deserves to be treated the way he treated you. He wasn't right for you."

"Who are you to say who is and isn't right for me? He only changed when you came into the scene! You changed him!! YOU CAUSED ALL THIS!!" He screams. I feel a sharp pain shoot up my spine from the center of my spine. I let out a yell as I felt another one. A hard, solid fist slamming into my spine. I hiss and turn, fast enough to catch his fist mid hit. If I hadn't moved, that hit would of been my spine.
His eyes would be on fire if they could be with the amount of anger burning within him. His teeth were clenched tight and only opened to let out an angry yell or accusing rant. Nothing in his expression was friendly anymore. All traces of his true self seemed to of been engulfed within his anger.

Jacks POV
"Who are you to say who is and isn't right for me? He only changed when you came into the scene! You changed him!! YOU CAUSED ALL THIS!!" I hear a voice yell ferociously. I feel my stomach drop knowing what it meant. I get up from the kitchen table and grab a knife from the kitchen draw. Getting it securely in my grasp before sprinting down the hallway. Hearing Mark let out a pained yell, then another.