Chapter Two

I wake up in an ally where I slept for the night. I start to walk toward the center of the city. I look up marveling at all of the tall buildings. I had never been outside of a HYDRA base before. I look at all of the shops lining the streets and all of the people passing by. I feel out of place and overwhelmed. I never thought this is what the outside world would look like. I have my wings folded on my back under my HYDRA jacket so no one could see them. I don't want hy anyone to know what I am. I walk to Central Park and hop up in a tree. I watch all of the parents play with their children and smile. I am happy that at least they could have a good, normal life. I sit there for about three hours until I see them. HYDRA agents. I can see about five in total. Moving slowly, I hop down from the tree. I throw up my hood and tear off the HYDRA patch on the arm of my jacket so they won't notice me.

I walk to the other side of the park, weaving through all of the people trying to lose the agents. After ten minutes I start to calm down. I lost them, I thought. Then I feel someone following me. I turn around and see two people following me, one male and one female. I get a quick glance at them and turn back around. I start to analyze them like the people at HYDRA taught me. The one good thing about HYDRA is that they taught me like they would have taught any of their other agents. The male has short blond hair and is in a full black suit. He has a retractable bow in his pocket and a quiver on his back. The female has short red hair and is in a black catsuit similar to the man's suit. She has multiple guns in her waist band and a knife strapped on her ankle where no one can see it, except for the trained eye. I quickly decide they aren't HYDRA. If they are, they would have been carrying their weapons in the open, not having them concealed so carefully. I walk over to a bench and sit down, waiting for them to catch up. I am scared, I don't want to be captured again. They walk over about one minute later. "Hello. Why are you following me?" I ask, my voice wavering.

The man looks shocked, but the woman keeps her face void of emotion. She looks like she is analyzing me for any lies or false comments. "What's your name?" She asks. I think quickly. They don't look or act like they are from HYDRA. I take a chance and decide to tell them. "Katniss" I say plainly. "We were wondering about your jacket. Where did you get it?" The woman asked. "Oh. This thing?" I ask raising my arm. "I got it from someone while I was staying with them." She raises an eyebrow. "Where are your parents? I think you are too young to just be wondering around by yourself." She states. "I don't know......." I answer. "I have never seen them." At this point I am close to breaking down. After everything that has happened in the last few days, I can't take anymore. The woman sees this and moves to hug me. I start to cry on her shoulder as she rubs my back in between my wings, thankfully. The man sits down on the other side of me. He looks at me with sad eyes.

After a few minutes I stop crying. The woman looks down at me. "Are you okay?" She asks. I nod my head, afraid that more tears will spill if I say anything. She looks at her partner and he speaks, "My name is Clint and this is my friend Natasha. We work for an agency called SHIELD. We are trying to find the people who gave you that jacket. Would it be okay if you came with us and stayed with us for a while?" He asks. I can only nod my head. He picks me up and they start walking to a car.