Chapter Four

I have been staying at SHIELD for the past couple of days with Clint and Natasha. They are two of the nicest, hardworking people. I have ever met. I am reading a book in my room when Director Furry walks in. I look up from my book. "Katniss? I have a proposition for you." "Yes sir?" "How would you like a job at SHIELD?" Wait. What? I look at him confused. "Sir? I am not sure I understand." He smiles one of his rare smiles. "I have seen you in the training room. I think with the proper training, you could be one of the best agents we have." I am still shocked. I quickly recover and look back at him, determination lacing my features. After leaving HYDRA, I vowed only to help people and not to harm them. I think this would give me the chance I need. "I accept" I say with a smile. Director Furry smiles back at me. "Great. You will start training tomorrow with Clint and Natasha." He turns around and leaves. I smile to myself and start reading again. A cupule minutes later, Natasha walks in and sits down next to me. "I heard you were offered a job." She says. I look over at her "news travels fast in SHIELD then." I say back. She leans over and hugs me. I hug her back. She is one of the only reasons I am still here to be honest. Natasha is a prime example of what I want to be. She was made into something she didn't want to be, but she corrected her mistakes and rose above them. HYDRA made me do somethings that I regret. She has shown me that I can become greater than my past mistakes. I am thankful she is training me.

---Le Time Skip---

It has been four years since I was first offers a job at SHIELD. I am now ten and a level seven agent, along with Clint and Nat. I am hanging out with Clint in the helicarrier when we get a call from Director Fury.  "Agent Barton, Agent Katniss, I need to talk to both of you please." "Yes sir." We both reply. We walk toward the meeting room. When we get there, we see Natasha and the Director talking. "Hey Nat." I smile. She has been on a mission for the last week so I haven't seen her in a while. "Hey Kat." She replies with a hint of excitement in her voice. "What is going on?" I ask. Nat never gets excited about anything. Director Fury looks at me, "I want to offer you a spot on the Avengers." I stand there shocked for a minute. "Um." I stammer. This was not what I was expecting. "I would be honored, but don't you need my parent's permission for that sir?" I ask. He smiles broadly, something I have never seen before. I look at Nat and Clint, they share the same smile that the director has. "That leads me to the to the second reason we wanted to talk to you." the director looks at Clint to finish. "We wanted to know if it would be okay if Nat and I adopted you."