the runaway bride

The worst thing that could ever happen to her did. On the best day of her life and her fiancé screwed it up with only two words to say 'I'm sorry'. She ran to somewhere she hoped she could get away; the train station. She found the stairs that led down to the track and collapsed into a crouched heap on the floor. Buried her head into her hands and released all her emotion that she had held in. She didn't care that her feet killed from the running, she didn't care that her dress was ruined and most of all she didn't care that nobody could See where she was or knew where she was. She leant her head backwards and exhaled, she then let out a little laugh as to how she could have been so stupid, then she laughed a little louder and sobbed and somebody must have heard her. As the train sped past, narrowly missing her, a man appeared from behind it on the pavement opposite her.  

'Oh shit' he shouted and darted towards the edge of the pavement and onto the tracks. She just stared up at him and went blank. 'Hey get up come on whatever it is you don't need to do this' the thought of killing herself had not even crossed her mind she just ran where ever. She slowly uncurled her fist and reached it out towards the man with her shaking hand. His firm palm touched her and pulled her slumped body up and leant her against him. She took a rigid step forwards and he pulled her towards the edge. Swiftly he scooped her up in his arms and she nestled he face into his shoulder. She didn't care who he was, she just knew he was comfort. After a short walk she felt the man struggle and looked through her perfect lashes.

She saw him opening a front door and heard him slam it behind her. This jolted her and she was then placed gently onto a bed, where she just stared at the ceiling. 'Coffee or tea?' the man spoke fluently in an Irish accent. A tear rolled down her cheek but she brushed it away and cleared her throat. She propped herself up on her elbows and answered 'got anything stronger' 

'I’ll be right back' and off he went laughing. She was left to reflect on what happened. She looked down at her dress the fabric that loosely billowed down the side had come unstitched and fallen out of place, the long train at the back was coated in mud and the off white colour was dusty. It was ruined and she didn't care. When would she ever wear it again?

He walked back into the room with 2 glasses of some clear coloured liquid. Praying it wasn't water she took a sip and fortunately it was not water. He waited for her to speak as he did not want to pry information out of her. Finally she spoke 'where am I?'.

'My house just down the road from the railway station' he replied. Finally he asked 'why were you on the tracks I mean you looked pretty beat up I was worried you were going to k...'  

'I wasn't trying to kill myself' she interrupted. 'I was just sitting there, I ran until I could see no more I guess I just stopped in the wrong place, thanks for being in the right place at the right time' she joked. 'You’re welcome' finally he turned to look at her taking in her hair which was curly and pinned up it was so pretty despite the fact that it was falling out. He saw her dress which showed her figure and looked gorgeous against her skin colour, despite the fact that it was dirty and ruined. She looked a state and he guessed the groom had let her on the wedding day or something like that and he could not help thinking that whoever had done this to her, was an asshole. Suddenly she started to cry thinking of what could have been; the children, the house with the porch and growing old together. This would never happen now. And she had blown so much money on the dress and venue for it to go to waste.

 'What happened to you' he whispered carefully hoping that if he spoke quieter then maybe he wouldn't hurt her so much. 

She frowned and sighed 'okay' she took a deep breath and continued ' it was my wedding day obviously' indicating to the dress ' and I was so excited' she paused he could tell that she had gone somewhere else, maybe seeing it in her mind or seeing how it could of been, he let her go there and waited patiently for her to return. She then blinked and spoke 'I didn't care about him seeing me in my dress I didn't believe in bad luck, as I got closer to his room I heard him laugh and my heart skipped a beat I thought that he was getting excited about the wedding just as much as I was' she pulled her legs up towards her body in an upright fetal position 'I was going to knock but I thought why should I he's my fiancé I've seen it all before, so I twisted the door knob quickly and pushed on the door' she paused to recollect what happened because from that moment on is a bit of a blur. 

‘I pushed on the door....' 

'Continue' he urged and he placed his hand on her hand. 

'My best friend, my maid of honor was in there I don't think they heard me come in because they seemed to continue, I caught them, he was cheating on me with my best friend on my wedding day, then to top it off he told my best friend that he loved her. The rest is a blur I remember falling to the floor and he came running over to me trying to tell me that it wasn't what I thought it was. But I had seen enough' she stared into space. 

'When did you run??'

'We sat down had a chat and he cancelled the wedding, he admitted to loving my best friend and they had been shagging for the past 9 months. He was leaving me on my wedding day. I stormed down the stairs and out to the front and the wedding march began, my family didn't know the wedding was cancelled; I looked around at the beautiful lilies and the white lace and the marquee. Then my ex followed behind me and said 'I'm sorry' I turned around and thumped him on the nose and then once more round the cheek.' She showed him her knuckles and he noticed that it was swollen and red with slight bruises. She poked it 'ow' and he laughed at her, 'that's when I ran'. 

'Do you want an ice pack' he sounded concerned. 

'No thank you' 

'Well can I at least have a look'

He took her hand into his own, his hand was large and rough; manly. He closed his palm around her fingers and kissed her knuckles. She did not know how to react to this so she just stayed still. He then turned her hand over and kissed her palm. What was he doing? She had just been cheated on, a runaway bride. Yet he continued to kiss up her arm, towards her shoulder and up her neck to her ear. He kissed her mouth it was soft and delicate, she kissed him back. She brought her hands up to his face and grabbed onto his hair. He made a soft moan with pleasure. The kiss grew stronger and more passionate, as his hands explored her. She didn't know why she was doing this now; she just needed to feel wanted. Neither of them could find a way to stop, all she felt was lost, yet so very present.

He was remembering; how she tasted, the way her silky dress slid between his fingers and how urgently she was kissing him. There was some hesitation, as she pulled away. He wanted to grab her by the wrist and beg her to listen, question if she was feeling what he was. Surprise took him when she stood up and started to tug at the ribbon tying up the back of her dress. His hands trembling he stood behind her tugging and loosening the ribbon with such need, whilst kissing her neck. When the top was free he slid it down, leaving her standing in her under garments. These were of a sensual red and lacy corset down to her mid thigh with suspenders. These were not meant for him but she look so beautiful. He held her in his arms and thanked whoever made this women appear in his life. Laying her down on the bed he was able to remove his clothes. Leaving everything in a mess on the floor, much like the tatters of both their lives combined. He then joined her and let the night unfold.