Fall Out Of Love?

Akanksha Thakur was flummoxed.

Only one thought echoed in her mind.
How could someone be so against happiness?
First, Karan tried to suicide.
Now, he wants to get his heart broken?
So people like him actually existed!

She wondered what his parents fed him.

All through the third weekend of school, these thoughts occupied her brain. So monday felt like years later.
However, when the moment finally did arrive and she reached school, after walking over to her desk, she received a surprise.

The classroom was almost empty since she was early this time and most of the students were out visiting their other friends or wandering the grounds for the nth time. So when she looked at the unsigned colorless envelope on her table, she couldn't figure out who had put it there.

Shweta returned right after she put her bag and herself down to start the examination of the weird envelope.
'What's that?' She asked swiftly.
'I dunno.' Akanksha replied, 'Is this a letter?'
'Woah! I didn't know they did that anymore. Even applications or official stuff is mailed online these days. What, is it from Hogwarts? Although it's a bit late now.'
Akanksha shook her head at her friend. Her eyes strayed over to the seat in front of hers and she recognised Karan's bag. But the owner wasn't there.

'Well, open it.' Shweta said.
'How do you know it's addressed to me?'
'Well, it was kept on your desk.'
She had a point. Akanksha hesitated anyway.
'If you're not gonna do it. Then give it to me.'
Shweta snatched it out of her hand and tore it open in a split second.
She started reading it aloud.
'Dear Akanksha. Huh, so it is for you.'
Akanksha immediately retrieved it back and read it in her mind. Shweta peeped over her shoulder to get a look too.

'Dear Akanksha,

We haven't known each other too long. But I feel like I already know you so well. And to me, you're perfect. A smarter girl never was born. You're like diamond compared to all the other tin models that surround us. And every time I think about it, I always get the same answer. It's always you and only you who captures my attention. I've never felt such a feeling before. Or even if I have, it's never been this strong. I think I've already written more than I thought I could, as I have never written a love letter to anyone before.

So in short, I like you.

I like you very much.

PS. Thanks for tolerating my nonsense, still being here for me and for all your comments. They all touched my heart, no joke.'

And there seriously wasn't a sign. No name of a sender.

Akanksha wasn't really perturbed. Whereas Shweta's eyes had widened to the size of ping-pong balls.
'Akanksha... this is a love letter...' She said her words slowly and in a grave tone.
'No, no.' Akanksha put the piece of paper down immediately, 'There must've been some mistake.'
'How can that be? Your name is clearly written on top. Besides,' She paused. And then in an even lower tone, 'I think I know who wrote it.'

Akanksha wasn't stupid so there was no doubt she had guessed it too.
'But there's nothing to look so serious about.' Shweta interrupted her speedy thoughts, 'We can talk it over.'
'Talk it over...? It's a clear direct confession.' Akanksha said, uninterested. Or tried to seem so.

And then she remembered.

The light of the soul....

The light of his soul....

That's what he had said, hadn't he?

Then according to this letter, wasn't Akanksha the supposed, so-called "light" here?
Akanksha's senses were quickening. She had thought such things did not happen in real life. Or more typically put, in a society like the Indian one, where people are more concerned about getting a good job then anything else. She had believed that such things were possible only in romantic fictions.