The cake is a lie.

I lay on my unevenly made bed. The smell of last night's desert fills my nostrils. I close my eyes. All I could see was him. I sit up with a start. My room mate enters.

'H-hi y/n did you just come from work?' Says a familair voice. It was Elsen. As cryptic and shy as he was he always made me smile. He groggily enters with sweat pouring down his face.

I assist him with his work bag as I help him to the desk opposite the beds. He smiles weakly at me before flopping his head against the desk in frustration. He begins clawing at the desk muttering gibberish.

This was common. But this time his nails were actually tearing through the desk. His pants got louder as I watched him sulk to him self. It was unsettling to watch.

'E-elsen..?' I say peering over his jittering figure.

'I spent the whole day at the library...I forgot to go to work today...' His voice was thick.

'D-did you bring me sugar? You brought sugar right? You always bring sugar....' he turns snakily revealing his somber emotion. His eyes stretched wide in need for sleep, droll spilling from his mouth.

I was half shocked to see Elsen in this state. He was clearly deprived from sugar...how long did this go on for? I back away as he heavily raises himself from the desk to face me.

He points a shaky finger at me. 'W-where's my sugar?' He say solemnly. I flinch at the question. It was a bad idea to promise him I'll bring him sugar if he decides not to work. I gulp. I heard about people going crazy but it never happened in my face.

' I ate it....' I whisper.

He stood there staring at me for a few moments. He then raises a chair that he was on above his head. I look at him shocked.

With a ceasing effort he throws it directly at me letting out a pained cry.