one

"okay, class dismissed." the professor puts the stick down on the table, and a wham sound is produced. my co juniors start shuffling around, getting ready to head out of this tucked up room.

i felt a tap on my shoulder and since i wasn't functioning well during the lesson, it was like the tap provoked me from falling asleep. "unnie! lets go, the weather seems to be really upset today."

there clocked in a smiling yebin, who always clung to me like a little sister. she's two years younger than me and always walked with me after classes since we just live across one another.

"yebin, i'm supposed to be the one who'll pick you up." i smile at her before fixing her messed up braids. she grabs my wrist afterwards, pulling me up from my seat and hurriedly pulls me out of the room.

having these heels on for nine hours straight did not only drain my feet, but my whole body as well. "yebin, where are you taking me?" i dispiritly ask the younger one as i notice that we were out of the school gate in less than five minutes considering that my room is on the fourth floor.

"bulgogi!" that was the only reply yebin voiced out before stopping on her tracks to sit down on the bench by the bus stop. finally, i thought i was going to get dragged until we reach the fast food place.

thirty minutes have passed and we entered the diner, being greeted by the owner we knew for such a long time.

"let's sit here, unnie!" yebin says, pointing to a nearby table that was already occupied by a guy attired in our school's uniform.

wait, i know this guy! i just can't accurately determine who he is.

yebin gives me a slight nudge by her elbow and whispers, "the name's kim dong young." the words left her mouth like it was in slow motion, what's gotten into me? maybe i'm just tired.

then it hit me, he's a senior from my school and he used to bump on me every single time i go to the vending machine to pick up a drink. well, maybe it was me who used to bump on him because i'm that clumsy.

silence engulfs the atmosphere, like the three of us were waiting for someone to commence a conversation. yebin and i weren't even seated yet, the senior just sat there scrolling on his phone.

i decided to be the first one to converse, since it was always my job to talk.

"hello, sunbae."