two

"hello, sunbae."

those two words just came out of my mouth automatically, like breathing out to relax once you finished taking your examinations. i put a genuine smile on my face, confident that it may start a conversation.

he stops scrolling before looking up at yebin who already took her seat beside the senior, "oh, hey yebin!" okay, maybe not a conversation with me. the two seemed really close since they started laughing and talking about how their day had gone.

"ah," yebin stops and pulls me down to take a seat across the two. "this is my bestfriend, dohee." the younger one introduces me.

"this is our senior, dong young. you might've seen him around the school since he's popular and all," yebin continues to blab about the guy beside her as i just look at his uninterested expression. "oh! we should order now" she puts on her famous eyesmile and dong young chuckles at her cuteness, what a sight.

yebin goes to the girl in her mid thirties behind the counter and starts ordering, leaving me and this guy who's been giving me a silent treatment. i blow my bangs out of my face in boredom, hoping that yebin would come back here soon to end this awkward silence going on between us.

"so, how long have you been friends with yebin?" i ask him, trying to start a conversation the second time today since yebin is taking too long. is she going to order everything on the menu?

this time, the guy looks at me for approximately four seconds and then wanders around again, totally ignoring my question.

"is he deaf now or what?" i murmur to myself, he snaps his head to me and furrows his brows. wait, did i say that out loud? i slump on my seat and wonder why he's not bothering to talk at all, or even answer my simple questions.

it bothers me so much when people act like this. there has been so much air wasted from my mouth and finally yebin returns with our food, i'm starving.

"thank you, we'll eat this well!" i happily exclaim, despite having a moody situation back when i was left with this senior right in front of me.

he glances at me and a smile forms on his lips, wAIT I SAW THAT SMILE!

"yah, why are you smiling at dohee? is she beautiful, huh?" yebin nudges the man, which earned her a death glare from the both of us.

"okay! let's just eat this!" she fixes herself and acts innocent, hitting her chopsticks together and smiles.